Is that dive spot in Denton Tx still there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DatSRBoi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have been searching around about a place in Denton to dive long ago and can not seem to find much info on it. From my understanding it was own by a shop and the shop closed down? I know it is not lake lewisville but some small spot. I did search but info on it is next to nothing. I was wondering if anyone know anything about it?

Last I heard it was closed as a residential area was built there.....I just know it is 'not' any longer.

I think that you are thinking of The Oasis, west of Denton on 380. I haven't heard anything in a few years now, but at that time Island Divers in Denton had exclusive access to the site for thier classes. The shop is still open.

I don't see anything on thier website about the status of the Oasis. I will try to drop by there either later this week or next and see what I can learn.

I think that you are thinking of The Oasis, west of Denton on 380. I haven't heard anything in a few years now, but at that time Island Divers in Denton had exclusive access to the site for thier classes. The shop is still open.

I don't see anything on thier website about the status of the Oasis. I will try to drop by there either later this week or next and see what I can learn.

Brad.... that's the name the eluded me,,,as to the reason for its non use I am only repeating what someone told me once.

If you go wear a hood from what I remember, unless you enjoy bleeding from the ears. Catfish so think you could go hunting for dinner with a dive knife. Two dives on one day - first without hood, second with borrowed hood - and that was a long long time ago.

My cousin told me they closed it because of a low pH problem, and visiability sucked.

Trimix!

Good to see you back! Have fun! Dive often!
That's my motto!

ok. maybe that's not my motto. maybe, I keep saying something about having fun. Ha!

OK, I stopped off at Island Divers today. The shop had been sold about 6 years ago, and around that time all access to The Oasis was closed down. Even Island Divers no longer has access to it for thier training dives.

The current land owner has leased out the land for drilling rights, and the quarry has been drained by the drillers.

So the short answer is that The Oasis is no more.

Regards,

Well, with that answer, this thread is dead.
OK. That answers that question.

Thank you guys. That was the place I was trying to think of. Having problem receiving emails when a post if made so did not know til I look manually. Was hoping there be a dive spot near home. I hate diving into fishing hooks and floating lines at lakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom