Is silicon grease acceptable...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UTKnox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Pardon if it's been previously asked. I searched and wasn't able to find anything.

I'm about to install my wireless transmitter on my reg and want to make sure I'm not putting anything on there that'll mess something up.

I have some silicon grease from my camera housing, is this alright to use? Thanks!

Not if your regulator has been O2 cleaned or if you intend to use it for Nitrox higher than 40% O2.

No.

What brand of computer are you using?

The information that you are looking for is on page 148 of the VT3 owner's manual.
Or it can be viewed at www.oceanicww.com under the heading of Owner services.
A halocarbon based lubricant such as ChristoLube MCG111 is the only lubricant mentioned.

When packaged and shipped from the factory, the transmitter itself is rated for use with compressed AIR and/or nitrogen-oxygen (nitrox) breathing gas mixtures containing up to 99% O2 by volume and with 100% O2.

Reckon I missed that part, thanks.

Am I reading that correctly to mean that I should not have to place any grease on the oring before installation?

Doug has covered this thoroughly when the VT3 debuted.

The general suggestion was that neither O ring needed to be lubricated and often would perform better without as long as you made sure to clean the surface of the O ring with a lint free cloth to remove any debris from the area.

It was primarily addressed in the battery replacement Q&A for the computer.

Back
Top Bottom