Is pseudoephedrine (sudefed) allowed in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMarc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if i can bring pseudoephedrine (sudefed) into the country. Only enough to go diving with( No other reason). I know they are strict with drug laws and do not need any airport/customs issues.

thanks.

As far as I know, it's not a problem. I never had anyone at the airports in Philippines go through my medicine bag.

I have bought Sudafed at the airport in Bali, because it's not easily available in Canada.

I've taken Sudafed to the Philippines. Bring a letter from your doctor in case someone questions it. I've never been asked about it, as I keep it in my first aid kit in my checked baggage, but I suppose it's possible that one day they might ask.

I also travel with prescription painkillers - I have been asked for a doctor's note about that before because it contains codeine and it was in my carryon.

I can tell you that it's definitely not available here in the Philippines. Too many people using it for nefarious purposes.

But you should be able to bring in a reasonable amount for personal usage. I highly suggest a Dr note though, just in case. Better to be safe than sorry.

Not a chance.
If you are going to bring in some then make sure you have the letter from your own doctor.
Pseudoephedrine can easily turn to meth(Shabu).

Filipinos like Vicks Vapo-rub to cure all deseases. If that doesn’t help, they add calamamsi juice ;-).

Hahahaha, like Robitussin... (Chris Rock bit from a few years back)

Not a chance.
If you are going to bring in some then make sure you have the letter from your own doctor.
Pseudoephedrine can easily turn to meth(Shabu).

True. It's for this unfortunate reason that I've never brought any with me. When I take a trip back to the US, I always bring back a stock Advil Liquid Gels, Extra strength Excedrin Migraine, Zyrtec Liquid Gels, all of the good OTC that we take for granted. They can be hard to find and comparatively expensive here. But I've never tried to bring Sudafed. There are also no good substitutes available here.

Pharmacist: "Congested? Take Paracetamol"

Me: "But that's an anti-inflammatory, not a decongestant..." :confused:

If you must, I would advise bring as little as absolutely necessary, with a Dr note.

As far as I know, it's not a problem. I never had anyone at the airports in Philippines go through my medicine bag.

I have bought Sudafed at the airport in Bali, because it's not easily available in Canada.
Sudafed equivalents are available at every pharmacy I've looked at in BC.

Sudafed is very available in Canada.

Behind the counter, and online.

First google result for online sales: Sudafed

Back
Top Bottom