Is Oceanmaster Still Around? I found this weird website...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That clear, flex snorkel is not an Oceanmaster snorkel. It looks like an XS Scuba snorkel (who bought out Oceanmaster). The XS are slightly simpler in construction and not as good in my opinion but they're still pretty darn nice, and at half the price of an actual Oceanmaster a solid deal.
3D Flex Dry

Found my unused 1994 Oceanmaster Dry Snorkel unopened in its original Ziploc polyethylene bag. Here are the snorkel instructions printed on a folded in two piece of white card.
Oceanmaster Dry Snorkel A.jpg
Oceanmaster Dry Snorkel B.jpg

Timely. I came across this old snorkel marked OceanMaster and missing a clip.

Can you recommend the best alternative clip you found that I could obtain quickly? I'd like to have it as a spare for an upcoming trip.

Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• IMG_20190728_1546107_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20190728_1546107_rewind.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 63
Timely. I came across this old snorkel marked OceanMaster and missing a clip.

Can you recommend the best alternative clip you found that I could obtain quickly? I'd like to have it as a spare for an upcoming trip.

Thanks for the info.
2pcs plastic clip snorkel mask keeper holder retainer for diving TSAU | eBay
snorkel keeper.jpg

The original snorkel keeper has a split in it so that it has a sprung grip on the snorkel tube, it is not a solid ring. I expect that it is fitted before the mouthpiece and top valve are assembled to the snorkel, hence you may have to remove one of them and most likely the top valve body. Oceanmaster caution against taking the snorkel apart, so care will be required.

You just might be able to spread the snorkel keeper and squeeze it over the tube with the latter slightly compressed as the tubes are not completely rigid and have a slight give in them. Wetting everything will help.

Or this one which has a central split rather than on one side.
10pcs Universal Scuba Dive Mask 26mm plastic Snorkel Keeper Detachable Clip | eBay

Too bad they do not support their regulators.
I picked up a used 1st a while back out of curiosity. Opened it up and clearly these are unique with a "disposable" piston and seat configuration.
I contacted them direct via email after a futile search otherwise and they responded stating there is no service parts available.
As far as I can tell, these are made in Japan and are Bism brand.
Its in a box JIC I find something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom