Is no one diviing but Jrmiah and us???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
We are headed out to the 150 wood wreck for the season opener of deep Sundays. Any one else?
Eric

I signed up to dive the Marine Electric this Sunday w Jrmiah. What is the 150 wood wreck?

Steve

Hi Steve,
The 150 wood wreck is a old wood wreck in 150fsw that is well offshore in the gulf and usually produces some good entre' items for dinner. If your profile is up to date it is a little too deep for you.

The marine electric is a good wreck. she stil has some portholes left. Last year she had some tangled pot lines on her and it fairly easy to get into some overheads if you are not carefull. current can be tricky on top of the hull depending. The double frame hull that is laying out in the sand usualy holds some lobstrosities. Sea bass and taug are also frequent residents.
Eric

It's the early season blues for sure!! Hopefully the huricanes will stay away in the fall and we dive untill turkey day. I am on with JT in august for a couple days, till then it's the Ted Green show lol
Eric

Hi Steve,
The 150 wood wreck is a old wood wreck in 150fsw that is well offshore in the gulf and usually produces some good entre' items for dinner. If your profile is up to date it is a little too deep for you.

Sounds like a good dive, but yea...my profile is accuracte. It'll be a couple years before I can dive the deeper than rec depths. But, spearfishing is on my to-do short list. I probably should bring a net/bag in case I run into any of those lobstrosities - as long as they don't claw a hole in my drysuit/drygloves :D

Steve

Hey Eric,
I'm diving the 150 wood wreck too. Hopefully, I can find enough tasty sea critters to make a dinner or two. However, if I wasn't diving with Ted on Sunday, I'd try to hit the Marine Electric with Jeremiah. Thats a cool wreck as well.

See you on Sunday.

Andrew

Steve,
You are in luck! Jerimiah teaches a spearing, hunting gathering class in rec depths that I have heard is comprehensive and a lot of fun. you should talk to him on the boat about it.

Andrew,
I am giddy like a school girl. The early dives on the wood wreck usually produce some "heavy fish"..
Eric

Steve,
Andrew,
I am giddy like a school girl. The early dives on the wood wreck usually produce some "heavy fish"..
Eric

Eric,
You should have been out on the first weekend to the San Gil. Ted had some numbers for a wreck that he had not been to before. We decided to dive that wreck first before moving on to the San Gil for the second dive. The wreck is probably an old wooden fishing vessel, very broken up with a few piles of junk. However you wouldn't really notice that because the Tog and Black Sea Bass were HUGE and UNAFRAID. The sea bass were out of season so they were safe, but I measured one that was almost as long as my arm. Yes, they were that unconcerned about the divers that I could hover a foot over one to measure. As for the Tog, just when you thought you saw the biggest one ever, an even bigger one would come along. The whole dive was like that. Made me wish I had a speargun.

I'm hoping to get a bag of scallops and some more brass from the 150.

Andrew

Andrew,
Yea I am still pissed I did not get "the word" that you guys were going to the lunch box wreck on the way to the san gil. We are planning a trip back there at some point this season, and if the tog are big enough to sadle and ride, I will be sure to liberate a few!lol
Eric
See you in the morning

Back
Top Bottom