Is my neoprene drysuit too small??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought a used drysuit, very good condition with new seals. It was sized "Small, man". It was previously used by a 5ft 2 inch boy.

I tried to don it for the first time, and the suit was extremely tight on the arms. I am 5 ft 2 inch, 120 lbs.

Is it supposed to be tight? How much talc do you put in the sleeve to help you get it off? It was a struggle to get it off me, and I certainly could not have done it by myself....

Is there an undergarment that you can wear to help it slip on and off easier?

A dry suit isn't supposed to fit tightly to the body. There should be ample room in the suit for thermal undies.

I use Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo to lubricate my seals and skin for donning and doffing, not quite as messy as talc.

All in all, it sounds as if this suit is just too small for you.

the K

The body, and legs are loose. It is the forearm and upperarms which are extremely tight. Would a lycra skin help?

Oh, I forgot, it is a neoprene suit, which should not require undies.

I think you are right, the suit is too small. Specifically, the forearms of the suit is too small. I used large amount of talc, and baby shampoo. It exert so much pressure on my wrist and hands while putting on and taking off it is unbearable.

Do you think that 7mm neoprene will stretch? I don't think so. Have anyone tried to stretch their neoprene suit. These arms are so stiff and inelastic, I couldn't stretch it over anything.

fisherdvm:
I bought a used drysuit, very good condition with new seals. It was sized "Small, man". It was previously used by a 5ft 2 inch boy.

I tried to don it for the first time, and the suit was extremely tight on the arms. I am 5 ft 2 inch, 120 lbs.

Is it supposed to be tight? How much talc do you put in the sleeve to help you get it off? It was a struggle to get it off me, and I certainly could not have done it by myself....

Is there an undergarment that you can wear to help it slip on and off easier?

Its sounds like the suit is too small for you. But just for $hits and giggles, how is your flexibility when your wearing it?

By the way, just because it's a neoprene drysuit does not mean it's not supposed to have undergarments. When you dive in mid 30 degree water you'll use thermals under it. If your forearms are too tight then the suit is too small.

Resell it and buy another slightly larger.

I am very flexible. I think my fingers were blue wearing it. Goodthing though, I sold it on ebay for more than I paid for it. Now some thin guy would find this suit a perfect fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom