Is it worth the price? Older SP Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keller34

Contributor
Reaction score
I found a MK10 with knob, G200, D300, and Oceanic Datamax2. All in real good shape, just need to replace the mouthpiece on both and clean up the MK10 from what I see. Hoses look new. They want $70 for all of it. Worth the Price?

They were serviced last year and they have the documentation to show it.

On a side note I just picked up 3 AL tanks, 1 cat, 2 sherwoods all in great shape for $50 full of air. Made in 96. figured it was worth it because the valves look new with no damage. Hydroed 5 years ago so I have to get it done.

Mk10 is a very solid reg, g200 is as well. The DM is a little older but if it works there is no reason not to use it. For $70 I would buy it, esp since you know it's been serviced resently. The Mk10 is worth almost that much on ebay alone, much less with all the rest to go with it. $50 for all 3? You stole them. :) Sounds like a perfect set up that will last you a very long time.

Ok so off I am to buy the regs!!

Yea I thought so too but $50 I could not pass them up :D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Regs are an absolute steal, doubly so if serviced. And if you hate them you'll still turn a profit on eBay.

All but one of my first stages are Mk10s... nearly bullet proof. You mean they actually have newer models now?

It wouldn't be for me; as I don't like Scubapro.

They are in better shape than I thought. Got them just in time too. So now I have my 3 sets for me and my sons. Just need them to get the c-card now and we will be set. That is setup for the 13th to start. It should be cake for them seeing how I have been grilling them on it and to read my books. It will be nice to have a dive buddy whenever I need one...:chuckle:

If you have a tank and an IP gauge, check the MK10 for IP creep. Getting a MK10/D300 for $80 was one of my best overall dive purchases ever, and you beat mine by $30 AND got a G200, which you can easily convert to a G200B, which is a G250 without the adjustment knob. Very good deal!!!

If your MK10 creeps, post back here and we can help you fix it.

Thanks...I have to pick up another one...might do that tomorrow or Monday.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom