Is It worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to thank Caveseeker7 for one of the best listings of RB links that I have seen.

If I may, I'd like to add:

Widolf FFM's and RB parts, as well as the AGA adaptors
that Caveseeker mentioned
<www.divenet.com/divematics>

Hammerhead Control System and parts
<www.electricfilm.com>

Also
<www.nwdesigns.com/rebreathers>

As Caveseeker pointed out, there is a LOT of information included in all of those listings! Happy reading!:wink:

Thank you for your awnsweirs. I geuse it is worth it. On this link http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/8rebreathers/review.shtml It seis that the Buddy inperation CCR is only 6,200$. I thought it would be 12,000+ Can some one explain. I'm glad their is FFM for RBs because I don't like to put my hand to my face every time I have to equalize. I'm lazy. Out of what I read Rebreathers are just as safe as normal Scuba eqipment if you know what you are doing
:wink:
So I think after I get that kinf of mone RBs are the way for me.
THX GUYS:)

Scuba Dooba 12 once bubbled...
Thank you for your awnsweirs. I geuse it is worth it. On this link http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/8rebreathers/review.shtml It seis that the Buddy inperation CCR is only 6,200$. I thought it would be 12,000+ Can some one explain.
The article was written a while ago. The current price for the Inspiration is about $7000, a bit more with the larger 22kg wing, and the ADV is optional and recommended.

I'm glad their is FFM for RBs because I don't like to put my hand to my face every time I have to equalize.
That bit I don't understand. You still need to equalize. With the M-48 it's done the same way as a standard half mask, with the AGA you press the entire mask to close your nostrils with the noseblock. Unless you can equalize by swallowing.

I'm lazy. Out of what I read Rebreathers are just as safe as normal Scuba eqipment if you know what you are doing.
So I think after I get that kinf of mone RBs are the way for me.
THX GUYS:)
With proper training, skills, preperation etc. a rebreather can be dived safely.
However, all of the above are more involved than OC diving. If you are, as you say, lazy, a rebreather is the last thing you ever want to dive. Otherwise, it might just become the last thing you ever will dive. :upset:

Hi Folks:

It might help, if my math is correct, to point out that Scuba Dooba 12 is just starting the 8th grade...

Todd.

Todd once bubbled...
Hi Folks:

It might help, if my math is correct, to point out that Scoba Dooba 12 is just starting the 8th grade...

Todd.
Hey, that's great. If he can fit into the Prisms transparent scrubber cannister he can go on a ride-along. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom