Is it too early to talk about May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yak:
We're doing the prep in advance method too. No need to waste vacation time in a classroom if you don't have to.

I ordered the book & tables on LeisurePro (24.95) after finding that my LDS didn't stock it. I didn't shop around, LP is pretty cheap, and their shipping is also cheap from NY to MA.

If you're like me, and just can't wait to do anything that's fun, here's a good website to get you started.

Thanks for the site! Looks good. I'm debating between just the book & one table, which LP did have a good price on, or, the full "crew pack" I found the pack at Dixie Divers for $59. Not sure yet if the DVD and all 3 tables are really needed.

My LDS is NAUI and very tech and wreck oriented. I crossed over to PADI for my AOW. I would rather do additional training in warm water on vacation so PADI is more accessible. Otherwise I would stay with NAUI.

I checked with 2 local PADI shops and one would not sell books unless you take the course with them. The other wanted $75. NOT.

(Sorry everyone for temporarily hijacking the thread)

Divedoggie:
Sharky60,
We'll have to zip over to CB and catch you before you go home. Maybe that night dive could happen a few hours after we arrive on the 13th. How late is the Blue Angel Dive shop open to get tanks for a shore dive?

Hey sounds good, I don't know how late the dive shop is open, this is the first year we will be using them, but I'm sure something can be worked out.

Wow! Lots of Scubaboarders in Coz around the same time we're there! (May 3-10)

I'll wear my SB shirt if you see the logo gimme a shout. :)

-Chris

CALI68:
Wow! Lots of Scubaboarders in Coz around the same time we're there! (May 3-10)

I'll wear my SB shirt if you see the logo gimme a shout. :)

-Chris

Hey you!! I've sent you several e-mails over the past months and they always get kicked back! Shoot me an e-mail so I have your correct addy!

I picked up my new reg last weekend. My new wetsuit is in so I'll get that on Saturday. Nitrox books are on their way. Now I just have to wait 6 weeks and I'll be diving again in Cozumel! :14:

Hi All,

Count me in too! I'll be there from April 29th to May 7th.

I'll be at FA, still deciding on which dive op to use...

1gromit

yak:
We're doing the prep in advance method too.

You two should both talk to your LDS... PADI is dropping the dive requirment for EANx. I.E. You can get the whole thing done locally in the classroom and just dive the mix when you get there....

James

scubawife:
Thanks for the site! Looks good. I'm debating between just the book & one table, which LP did have a good price on, or, the full "crew pack" I found the pack at Dixie Divers for $59. Not sure yet if the DVD and all 3 tables are really needed.

My LDS is NAUI and very tech and wreck oriented. I crossed over to PADI for my AOW. I would rather do additional training in warm water on vacation so PADI is more accessible. Otherwise I would stay with NAUI.

I checked with 2 local PADI shops and one would not sell books unless you take the course with them. The other wanted $75. NOT.

(Sorry everyone for temporarily hijacking the thread)

They wanted $75 for the Nitrox book?? I imagine because you weren't taking the course with them. The retail price for the book and tables should be right around $25 for the book and $8 to $10 for each table...and actually, there are three required tables that you need for the course....the 32% table, 36% table, and the EAD and O2 Exposure table...with the latter, you also need the standard recreational dive planner table for PADI...or you won't get the right answers :) The video is required, but I don't require my students to buy it...I let them watch mine here in the shop.

Christi:
They wanted $75 for the Nitrox book?? I imagine because you weren't taking the course with them. The retail price for the book and tables should be right around $25 for the book and $8 to $10 for each table...and actually, there are three required tables that you need for the course....the 32% table, 36% table, and the EAD and O2 Exposure table...with the latter, you also need the standard recreational dive planner table for PADI...or you won't get the right answers :) The video is required, but I don't require my students to buy it...I let them watch mine here in the shop.

I thought $75 (for the BOOK, tables were extra $5 each and wouldn't sell the DVD or complete crew pack unless you were taking the course with them) and even Leisure Pro's $72 for the crew pack was crazy. I ordered the complete "crew pack" with all the tables, book and DVD yesterday from a large shop and training center in FL. It was $52. I'm coming by myself this trip, but my husband wants to do his Nitrox cert in Aug or Dec., so $52 for the complete pack that will be used by both of us was fine with me.

You are right on with the individual item prices. What I found looking for the items seperately was about $25 for the book and $9 each for the 32% and 36% tables. The DVD was $20 if sold seperate. I could not find the EAD table seperate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom