Is it repairable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belmont

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My brand new CO tester spent one minute in one foot of sea water and flooded.

It does not work at all, no sign of life.

Is it fixable?

I would have thought it was somewhat water resistant.:depressed:

No idea about the CO tester (my analox O2 sensor looks pretty water resistant if you have the cap in it), but when my cell phone was immersed in a foot or two of fresh(yet brackish) water a few years ago, I opened it up, removed the battery, and let it dry for a few days. It worked fine afterwards. Some folks recommend placing damp electronics in a container of rice to draw the moisture out. I would expect that you might have more going on inside your device since it was in sea water. Good luck with getting it back up and running!!!!

My brand new CO tester spent one minute in one foot of sea water and flooded.

It does not work at all, no sign of life.

Is it fixable?

I would have thought it was somewhat water resistant.:depressed:

Hi Belmont,

First of all, the EIICO has the same water resistance of our O2EII...that is, drop it in water by accident, it floats and immediately removed, should dry out and be fine. Your description sounds like the unit sunk and sat under sea water for 1 minute? I'd like to see the unit to see if a seal has failed. That would, of course get you a brand new unit under warranty! You can reach me at 877 723-3247. Let's get you protected again.

Hi Belmont,

First of all, the EIICO has the same water resistance of our O2EII...that is, drop it in water by accident, it floats and immediately removed, should dry out and be fine. Your description sounds like the unit sunk and sat under sea water for 1 minute? I'd like to see the unit to see if a seal has failed. That would, of course get you a brand new unit under warranty! You can reach me at 877 723-3247. Let's get you protected again.

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

As always, super customer service from Analox. :D

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom