Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can a liveaboard trip become a super spreader? You never really know.
Well, so far those liveaboards that I have been on have been pretty strict in screening their guests, requiring negative COVID-19 test before boarding their boats. I have been on 6 liveaboards since last December and no positive case that I know off (knock on wood).

One guest from Mumbai was denied entry to Maldives due to positive COVID-19 test in early March, at the beginning of Delta variant explosion in India. Had he gotten on board. He could be the super spreader. So, we were in COVID-19 free bubbles.

I'll just leave this here as mental stimulation for some who are falsely claiming I am offering medical advice.

I have not offered medical advice, I am advocating that you make INFORMED decisions regarding your health. Something you can't do when the information you receive is propaganda and censored by those creating the propaganda.

Different standards of safety for vaccines vs. ivermectin (Tess Lawrie & Bret Weinstein)

I'll just leave this here as mental stimulation for some who are falsely claiming I am offering medical advice.

I have not offered medical advice, I am advocating that you make INFORMED decisions regarding your health. Something you can't do when the information you receive is propaganda and censored by those creating the propaganda.

Different standards of safety for vaccines vs. ivermectin (Tess Lawrie & Bret Weinstein)

This treatment is experimental and there's no accounting for long-term effects.

Ivermectin isn’t a highly effective drug for treating COVID-19

Not that Mexico is the epitome of best medical practices, but I have a friend there who got a nasty case of covid (including lung issues) and was treated with ivermectin, antibiotics and tylenol and made a full recovery. Of course they may have made a full recovery anyway, but ivermectin was standard operating procedure and was not considered 'experimental'. According to wikipedia (yeah, yeah) it's been in use since 1981 and is on the WHO's World List of Essential Medicines - to fight parasites - and is probably ok for use during breastfeeding (again, according to wikipedia). Doesn't sound particularly 'dangerous' in terms of side effects. If people want to try it without FDA approval - and with a valid prescription, why not? We're getting injected with a vaccine that still doesn't have FDA approval (I got mine - Pfizer).

Live and let live ...? No?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom