Is it like crossing the equator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeehawherb

Registered
Reaction score
Di i have to go through any kind of initiation to join TSD? Not that i'm opposed to it, i'm sure you have some rules to your hazing right?

I'm new to scubaBoard and wanted to say hello to everyone. I live just south of houston and will be moving to Galveston pretty soon. I'm a new diver. Got my Open Water cert last october and i'm getting my advanced open water right now. I look forward to getting some more bubbloe time undermy beslt (the San Marco river thing sounds great).

Brian

Welcome aboard man!!!! Sounds like the SCUBA bug bit you--lol. Lots of good divers on the board and you are welcome to join our Texas group. Galveston is a cool place,,,go there several times a year,,,,to bad no good diving spots on the island,,,several local charters though.

yeehawherb:
Di i have to go through any kind of initiation to join TSD? Not that i'm opposed to it, i'm sure you have some rules to your hazing right?

I'm new to scubaBoard and wanted to say hello to everyone. I live just south of houston and will be moving to Galveston pretty soon. I'm a new diver. Got my Open Water cert last october and i'm getting my advanced open water right now. I look forward to getting some more bubbloe time undermy beslt (the San Marco river thing sounds great).

Brian

No we won't make you go through the initiation :wink: Kidding of course, there are a lot of Swampers in the Houston area DEE who is here on the board it kinda the head Swamper in the Houston area. I am sure she will be on later to welcome you. She is a night owl.
To become a Swamper all you have to do is dive with one once and your
in. Pretty hard initiation.

Come on up to San Marcos for the river cleanup you will meet quite a few from all over the state.

We, being such a high minded club, are very strict in following our initiation rules. Read TwoBitTxn's informative thread "TSDT A little history about who we are and how to join" if you're a little nervous about passing the test. Of course any sane person should be nervous, especially if they have to start out with the Houston clan.

Texass:
Of course any sane person should be nervous, especially if they have to start out with the Houston clan.

Hey! :D

Welcome Yeehaw! Don't pay any attention to those yankees from up north, they're a bit strange.

Which part of 'south of Houston' are you from? Ever go out to Twin Lakes in Manvel? That's where we hang out. Beast was out there Sat. morning and reports the water is warming up nicely, was 63º on the surface down to 15ft.

Hope to see ya out there. Come dive with us and we'll 'splain the initiation to ya.

Dee:
Hey! :D

Welcome Yeehaw! Don't pay any attention to those yankees from up north, they're a bit strange.

Which part of 'south of Houston' are you from? Ever go out to Twin Lakes in Manvel? That's where we hang out. Beast was out there Sat. morning and reports the water is warming up nicely, was 63º on the surface down to 15ft.

Hope to see ya out there. Come dive with us and we'll 'splain the initiation to ya.

I Live in Friendswood. I'm taking PADI Advanced Open Water at Alvin Community College right now. I havn't been to Twin Lakes yet, but i know it's only a few minutes from my house. I finished my open water course in november and just jumped into the advanced course. other than my cert. dives i havn't really logged any other time yet. But just so you know, this isn't just a hobby for me. I'm making a career out of the sea and all things aquatic so the fact that i havn't logged much time yet is not an indication for my passion for diving and the sea, it's just been a cold and busy winter is all.

I'd like to get out there soon, or just go make bubbles anywhere as soon as possible. Trying to goto Sam Rayburn for spring break and saving my pennis for a flower garden trip this summer (also looking forward to maybe diving the Texas Clipper 1 if they get around to sinking her this summer.)

Thanks for the warm Welcome...

Back
Top Bottom