Is Flooding an Issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would think that you would want to clean it store it with the lid loose and then inspect, lube it and then close the lid prior to the dive. I do not have one but i would think that the o-ring principle would be similar

We do store it with the lid opened - it's advised to do that in the manual anyway.

We don't lube it (because as far as I could see it's not mentioned in the manual to do that) but maybe we should? Hopefully the guys from Nautilus can advise.

BTW, they responded quickly to my email (they always do) and I'm sending it off to them for a post-mortem. I'll keep this forum informed.

Nice!

I have been taking cameras of one type or another underwater since about 2006. This is something I was initially really worried about but I carefully read the manufacturers care instructions and have never had an issue.
Clean and lube your orings regularly, wipe down the groves on the housing where the orings sit, on the housing and the back plate (don't just do one piece, do both!). Don't leave your housing closed with the orings in place for storage.
Clean and inspect everything before you leave the house, put it together and then don't open it again till your done if it can be helped.

Back
Top Bottom