Is fatigue a possible effect after my first 4 dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as everyone else said its perfectly normal to be exhausted ,
come to think of it its normal to be tired after any good days diving never mind your first 4

Welcome to the Board

Last edited:
Even now after 100 dives I still get fatigued after diving. The nitrox helps out post dive fatigue quiet a bit so yes I would give it a try. There are those that deny this but its simply because they dont dive with it enough or choose not to beleive it. As the above posters have even stated its a course well worth the money:)

Hello shara, I'm with Zero vis and others and will say that a good day of Diving will always zonk me out physically. But so will a good day of surfing, swimming, hiking, bike riding, skateboarding etc, that's what exercising is all about.

As far as what others are saying about nitrox, I think that addresses another issue. After a good day of deep diving, I also feel fairly "Narced" in addition to being physically tired. The good nitrox advice given here will prevent that "Narced" feeling. Being narced most likely intensifies the physical exhaustion, but I think most people separate these two feelings into separate issues.

Someone may correct me, but I believe that a good amount of physical exertion always brings on a level of exhaustion, narced or not.

I would start with the basics. I first check their air quality in the tanks just to make sure it is Ok. If their compressors are faulty or next to a fish factory it could be a problem. Make sure you breath deep enough to expel CO2. New to diving causes one to use a lot of energy even if you don't notice it, sort of hyper-alert tension. Could be not related to diving, hangover, jet lag, poor sleep, out of shape, get a bug in your body (from local food or water). The more you dive the easier it gets. Good health and happy diving!

as everyone else said its perfectly normal to be exhausted ,
come to think of it its normal to be tired after any good days diving never mind your first 4

Yep,it's normal.No worries.I find no difference using nitrox.I never dive nitrox but decompress using different mixes up to 100% O2,if for any reason the dive was exhausting I emerge pretty *******d up anyway.On the other hand I've perfomed 50min. decos on air more than once and felt perfectly fine afterward.But that's just me.

You are doing stuff you have never done before, of course you are going to be tired and stressed out

Good lord yes. When I did my OW dives I was wrecked afterward. The intensity (if that word can be used to describe fatigue) will lessen as you dive more. It did for me. I don't believe the nitrox/less fatigue hype either. I feel the same after a nitrox dive as I do after a dive on air. The power of suggestion...

Good lord yes. When I did my OW dives I was wrecked afterward. The intensity (if that word can be used to describe fatigue) will lessen as you dive more. It did for me. I don't believe the nitrox/less fatigue hype either. I feel the same after a nitrox dive as I do after a dive on air. The power of suggestion...

Same for me. I dive air all the time, and, it keeps my CNS clock low, I just do my safety stop on pure O2, I'm one of those silly tech divers.

Welcome to the world of diving. If a site is new to me, I get a little fatigue just from the little stress of making sure I am focused. On "old" sites, I feel much more relaxed and confident...thus less tired.

Have fun, pay attention to yourself and your environment at all times, and you will be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom