Is Diving in NJ that bad???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For most of the boats you will need you AOW. Also many of them require some sort of alternate air, such as a pony.

Also a lot of us are up at Dutch all the time. Why not come up there and get some dives under your belt, so you can get used to going deeper in colder water. That's what I'm doing. Been certified for almost 2 years. Last year I got about 50 dives in, did a few shore dives. Then did my AOW in the fall, and just started diving dry.

Finally doing some of the NJ wrecks is high on my list for this year.

Hey Greg !!

Congrats on getting certified... don't let anyone pollute your head about NJ diving.. it's awesome.. it's almost year round.. AND you don't have to fly to get there...

Awesome wrecks... good fishing.. lobster hunting.. exploring..

There are a TON of "intermediate" (i.e. 60-90 feet ) wreck dives in NJ..

You WILL need your Advanced Open water cert & an alternative air source.. I also suggest a wreck reel.. several boats require a pony bottle..

Do your AOW with a shop that will include at least ONE boat dive with your cert. A lot of shops and a couple of boats set up "Into to wreck diving" dives..

Two boats I recomend to the beginning diver are the Diversion and Blue Fathoms.

Check out www.njscuba.com

PM me if you have any questions.

Happy Diving !!!

congrats! aow and redundant is a must.(not all dive boats require these but some do )try shark river inlet for a good shore dive, to get the taste of salt water.check out njscuba.net.

Back
Top Bottom