Is Diver Alert (Whistle on LP inflator) DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol

say, Jeff ... if i were to dive with a NitekH3 on a no-deco dive, and use the computer to keep track of my NDL, length of dive, and depth, is that DIR?

say, Jeff ... if i were to dive with a NitekH3 on a no-deco dive, and use the computer to keep track of my NDL, length of dive, and depth, is that DIR?
2 out of three ain't bad...but then again...Crazy Stroke stuff....nasty.

This will answer your question. Do you know your "NDL" before looking at the computer? If you decide to go deeper...do you know how that will change your NDL?

so is it DIR or not?

hmmm ...

so you're basically saying as long as i use a computer as a bottom timer and depth gauge, i'm DIR?

but if i rely on the computer to provide dive data other than timer and depth, that's not DIR?

hmmm ...

so you're basically saying as long as i use a computer as a bottom timer and depth gauge, i'm DIR?

but if i rely on the computer to provide dive data other than timer and depth, that's not DIR?

If you have to rely on the computer to track your decompression status, then it's not DIR.

Simply having/using a computer doesn't automatically make it non DIR.

As Pug would say. Computers rot your brain. :D

If you have to rely on the computer to track your decompression status, then it's not DIR.

fair enough

that's (partly) why i am not DIR

and why i think that diving with an air-whistle would not be DIR (however, i could be wrong about this last one ... seems the DIR guys can't agree on it either)

DIR divers never use a piece of gear to compensate for a skill deficiency.

Then why use a bottom timer? Can't DIR divers count?

"1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom