Is dive certification really necessary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After OW, it would be in most diver's interest to do AOW and nitrox. AOW is just 5 dives over 2 days including deep, navigation, and 3 choices. Nitrox is all online with a visit to your LDS. This will allow you to dive deeper dives that require the AOW card and will allow you to take advantage or the longer NDL times afforded by the use of nitrox. Other than that, I would do Rescue Diver.

After OW, it would be in most diver's interest to do AOW and nitrox. AOW is just 5 dives over 2 days including deep, navigation, and 3 choices. Nitrox is all online with a visit to your LDS. This will allow you to dive deeper dives that require the AOW card and will allow you to take advantage or the longer NDL times afforded by the use of nitrox. Other than that, I would do Rescue Diver.

I would add drysuit if you live in a colder climate with local diving. Maybe you don’t want to buy one, but having the ability to rent a drysuit can be another option in your toolbox.

Back
Top Bottom