Is Deep Sea Supply out of business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dive rite video is good. I used that to configure my setup. I do as other suggested and bungee the secondary around my neck and primary donate.

It's really nice knowing that my secondary is always where I expect it to be.

I route a 40in hose under my arm but prior to that I used the standard routing for the primary and it was fine.

My advice is do what works for you. I'm pretty new and it has definitely taken time to learn what I like and don't like. I still am.

Unless it means using split fins. In which case based on my reading here you will definitely die. :)

For Sale - Never used DSS Kydex Backplate - $125
"In early December Tobin commented that he was now retired from Deep Sea Supply on his Facebook Page. For those hoping for DSS to start backup after the move to Nevada...it no longer looks like that will happen."
DC

I would have guessed DSS was never going to reopen.

The whole thing sounded bizarre. Who the heck closes an entire business for 6 months or more while they supposedly relocate cross country?

I recall when asked about it here on SB, the owner said "You run your business your way I'll do it my way". Rather snarky and it says a lot. Good thing I've got all the wrist computer bungee mounts I'll ever need.

25EEF5A9-A27E-4CC9-8FCA-E0ED5B37D5A7.png

Sad. I mean Tobin was a crank. But that doesn't mean I wanted him to close and for my DSS stuff to go the way of Dacor.

@caruso there are a few more factors involved including the theft of a lot of equipment during the move from California, but DSS was only a small portion of his entire business

@enduser your link was dead or has permission issues

So long Tobin, we hardly knew thee.

@caruso there are a few more factors involved including the theft of a lot of equipment during the move from California, but DSS was only a small portion of his entire business

Wow, that is crazy. So sad. At least he has other business.
Now The DSS back plates will be collectables

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom