Is Cozumel overhyped? (video report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First few minutes of footage are from El Cedral (where we saw several nurse Sharks and reef sharks) and Palancar Bricks.

Night dive was called "Francisco" I believe. Many octopus, lobsters.

Middles dives at Columbia Reef, Columbia Bricks, Tormentos, Yucab Reef. Turtles, occasional nurse shark, some macro stuff I couldn't capture with a GoPro.

Punta Sur and Columbia caves had the most dramatic reef structures, "skyscrapers" and swim throughs.

I am a mere novice as far as Cozumel goes, most of the people I dived with had 200+ dives in Cozumel alone.

Thanks for the information. Got my feet wet diving Columbia and Palancar. They were really nice dives

What an awesome job on the video!!!
There will always be people that have negative reviews no matter what the subject is. That is why it is so important for us all to still be willing to formulate opinions of our own through stepping out and trying new or different things.
Great job!

Great Job!, We were diving Oct 29-Nov1. We love Cozumel and keep coming back for all the things you mentioned, not counting the wonderful people and food. We saw the same life on Cedral as you did. The Nurse and Black Tip Sharks, and really loved those Massive Parrot fish! Also found a Seahorse, defiantly one of the top dives from our short trip. Just booked the first week of January, Trip #22 to the island.

Very nicely done video and thanks for sharing! I was there a couple of weeks ago and saw the monster parrot fish, the 8-foot nurse shark, that giant green moray eel, some juvenile blacktip sharks, and a few turtles, too.

I’m grateful for people like you who take great pains to create a visual and audio experience for others to enjoy. It takes a lot of work on site and afterwards in the editing process. I live in these moments and while I enjoy the moment, I often regret not capturing them to share with others. Nice work!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom