Is bonaire open for US travelers August trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve got a five group that had a Komodo liveabord trip canceled. Looking for alternatives in August. Does anybody know if bonaire is open for US travelers in August?

Nope unless something changes between now and then

Delta cancelled my Aug 22 trip.

Try Cozumel.
Interesting that Bonaire will not admit Americans, but Mexico/Cozumel will. With the high rates of infection in the US, visitors will pose a high risk of introduction of disease. I wish both countries the best of luck. At this point, my bet is with Bonaire

The challange for Bonaire is their medical facility. It is great for sport injuries (think broken bones, DCS...) but can only support a handful of ICU (figure about 3 from what seen) patients. They medical evacuate critical injuries. It is important to have Medivac insurance while visiting small islands.

So if they open up to tourists from US (high risk countries) and they bring Covid to the locals in numbers, they could be in trouble fast.

belize agressors have trips scheduled 8/15/2020 and after. Who knows if they'll actually go, but some good deals.

Interesting that Bonaire will not admit Americans, but Mexico/Cozumel will. With the high rates of infection in the US, visitors will pose a high risk of introduction of disease. I wish both countries the best of luck. At this point, my bet is with Bonaire

Mexico is not locked down and (IMO) never was. Their rates are spiking. Bonaire shut down and got control and has no reason to allow people from asshat countries to bring Covid in. Mexico has nothing to lose. They are already screwed.

Mexico is not locked down and (IMO) never was. Their rates are spiking. Bonaire shut down and got control and has no reason to allow people from asshat countries to bring Covid in. Mexico has nothing to lose. They are already screwed.

I can appreciate your opinion and even your view on the current situation, but you distract from the issue and point when you use or insinuate that countries are "asshat". Good point, but you turn off people to your opinion and put them on the defensive saying they are from "asshat" countries. The closure of Bonaire is unfortunate because Bonaire depends on tourist dollars, but also is geographically position to really shield themselves from the corona virus. Its a lose lose for everyone, but I get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom