Is anyone using the Liquivison X1 as a recreational computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also looking for a bright display for recreational diving, esp at night. But I want it to display the tank pressure as well, which rules out the tech computers. So waiting and waiting, maybe for Mares HD Icon with wireless AI.

So you think the XEO will be a suitable recreational computer?

Adam

I use my X1 for rec, deco, and cave dives, running VPM with +3 conservatism. The display is fantastic for those of us with older eyes, and you can't believe how much light they put out in a cave!

The X1 is a great dive computer as already highlighted. Using it purely for recreational dives IMO is an overkill and costly. I also don't like the fact that it has no safety stops information from a new diver perspective. It’s not a huge train smash, but new divers do what they see. No safety stop info ….. straight to the surface then!!!

Thanks for the info. I did email Liquivision and received one email back but nothing to my follow up questions. Nothing from the only dealer in WI that I emailed two days ago...makes me a bit nervous about the support I would receive.

Read the manual for the Xeo and it looks like a nice unit.

EDIT: Just received a reply from Liquivision. It sounds like they are listening to diver feedback and there are many recreational divers looking for an easy to read dive computer. Maybe there will be an AI computer or option coming in the future.

I may be wrong, but it looks like the Xeo lets you program your default ascent profile to include a 3 minute safety stop. In general, it would be nice to have a Recreational Mode on the computer for a more mindless dive profile computing. Kind of a set it and forget it mode. Believe they can program it to do whatever they want and just push it out as an update.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I did email Liquivision and received one email back but nothing to my follow up questions. Nothing from the only dealer in WI that I emailed two days ago...makes me a bit nervous about the support I would receive.

Read the manual for the Xeo and it looks like a nice unit.

EDIT: Just received a reply from Liquivision. It sounds like they are listening to diver feedback and there are many recreational divers looking for an easy to read dive computer. Maybe there will be an AI computer or option coming in the future.

I may be wrong, but it looks like the Xeo lets you program your default ascent profile to include a 3 minute safety stop. In general, it would be nice to have a Recreational Mode on the computer for a more mindless dive profile computing. Kind of a set it and forget it mode. Believe they can program it to do whatever they want and just push it out as an update.

I think it's a good idea, because the recreational market is much bigger than the technical and there is no other OLED recreational wrist computer at this time.

Adam

I'v used my X1 for some time now & it's done quite a few recreational dives, even though it was bought as a trimix, deco computer. As I'd already spent the money, it seems silly not to use it for every dive.

I use nominal conservatism for rec. dives, & over the years have never had a niggle, ache, or tiredness. Within the limits of my experience, I'd say it scales from shallow rec., to deep mixed gas, very well.

I think it's a good idea, because the recreational market is much bigger than the technical and there is no other OLED recreational wrist computer at this time.

There are a couple:

Uemis Zurich SDA
Atomic Cobalt

Only the Uemis is a wrist mount but it does have air integrated for 3 receivers and I read it was just upgraded to handle 8. Hefty price tag on it but it is on sale right now and it makes it tempting. Would like to see Liquivision come out with something to compete with it in the sub $1000 range which would make it much more appealing to the recreational diver and definitely to ones like me that are toying with the idea of tri-mix in the future.

There are a couple:

Uemis Zurich SDA
Atomic Cobalt

Only the Uemis is a wrist mount but it does have air integrated for 3 receivers and I read it was just upgraded to handle 8. Hefty price tag on it but it is on sale right now and it makes it tempting. Would like to see Liquivision come out with something to compete with it in the sub $1000 range which would make it much more appealing to the recreational diver and definitely to ones like me that are toying with the idea of tri-mix in the future.

The Uemis is a bankrupt company which means it's a dead product, unless some other company buys it out.

The Cobalt is a console, I used to be pro console until recently, after weighing the discussion on the board. So now I'm trying to move away from the console. I already bought a SK7 compass with the bungee mount and am practicing navigating with it.

I'll wait for the Liquivision XEO and to hear some feeback on its use, and/or Mares HD Icon when it comes out with AI.

Adam

with as big as the rec diving community is-- i sooooooooo wish one of these tech companies would come out with a wireless AI/oled/larger screen/deco stop in one of their tech computers.. A tech computer that had those things could be used by both the tech world and rec world--- allowing the company to produce one unit yet sell it to two markets.... Plus a diver Could get one of these tec/rec combo computer then as their diving grows-- the computer could follow them through.. This would allow the diver with a few bucks to amortize the higher price cause the computer would follow them through from noob to tech GOD..LOL.. The price doesnt worry me as much as filling my desires and needs... My hope is for a luna/sol with oled... But scubra pro is soooooooo #$^%ing slow to update-- i know this wont happen... Would get something from liquidvison in 2 seconds if they had what i was looking for.. Sigh..

Sounds like there are quite a few of us that feel similarly. Getting the rec settings into the Xeo would be the easy part since that is only a programming change...getting the AI would be more difficult because that means hardware changes. I thought it would be awesome to make the unit bluetooth capable and then have PC communication and AI bluetooth. One interface on the dive computer but multiple uses and no more need for the IR module for PC communication.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom