iPad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably on here somewhere but how do I take a place a photo from my iPad into a thread?

Needs to be uploaded to your gallery or other place on the net and then post the URL of the photo in the thread.

I don't have an iPad, but I assume you use the insert photo button like normal.

If you are in a thread, at the top of the reply dialogue box there is an icon that looks like a photo of a tree. Touch the icon and a box will come up. Select "from computer" tab then select "choose file." Then either "take photo" or "choose existing.' Then touch "upload file." Sometimes it works better from the "go advanced" option. To get there, select the"go advanced" tab at the bottom right.

If you are in a thread, at the top of the reply dialogue box there is an icon that looks like a photo of a tree. Touch the icon and a box will come up. Select "from computer" tab then select "choose file." Then either "take photo" or "choose existing.' Then touch "upload file." Sometimes it works better from the "go advanced" option. To get there, select the"go advanced" tab at the bottom right.

Seems to work. What I can't figure out on an iPad - and not an SB issue - is how to get the URL for a photo that's already on the Internet that I want to include in a post. On a computer you can click on photo and select "copy image location" but I don't know how to do the same on my iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 76
Seems to work. What I can't figure out on an iPad - and not an SB issue - is how to get the URL for a photo that's already on the Internet that I want to include in a post. On a computer you can click on photo and select "copy image location" but I don't know how to do the same on my iPad.

If you touch the image and hold your finger there a second or so, a box should come up with the option to copy or save image. If you "save image" it should go to your camera roll. Then you can use it like any other photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 75
If you touch the image and hold your finger there a second or so, a box should come up with the option to copy or save image. If you "save image" it should go to your camera roll. Then you can use it like any other photo.

Yeah, knew that. I was hoping to be able to simply grab the address and post the URL vs saving it locally, etc.

Yeah, knew that. I was hoping to be able to simply grab the address and post the URL vs saving it locally, etc.

I figured you did. Sorry, I don't have an answer but its an interesting dilemma. If no one else answers, I may try and figure out a way tonight but I think the solution may be beyond my skill set...

I figured you did. Sorry, I don't have an answer but its an interesting dilemma. If no one else answers, I may try and figure out a way tonight but I think the solution may be beyond my skill set...

When I google search an image, some come up as "just the image" so you can grab the URL from the address bar. But most come up with the page containing the image, and no way to grab the URL.

Since I'm posting this from my computer, I thought I would add a picture of a dog in a lobster costume...

dog-lobster-halloween-costume.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom