IP Gauge Reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTC'83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How do I find out what my regulator reading should be on the IP Gauge

I have a couple of Aqualung Reg. One is a Core other is a Titan

Thanks

Go to www.vintagedoublehose.com -->forums and scroll down to Manuals and Catalogs. Find your way to the service manual you need. The specs will be there. E.g. the Titan is 135 psi (+/- 5 psi) at 2,500-3000 psi tank pressure. The Core will probably be similar.

Edit: Clay types faster, but I had to look it up.

Last edited:
I found the cheap IP gauge,0-300 psi not so accurate, and replaced the gauge with a 0-210 psi dial, so the reading is nearly full scale of dial, not in the middle like in a 0-300 psi.

The key thing to remember is the actual value (within reason) is not important. What is important is the pressure rebounds quickly, does not drop excessively during a breath and does not creep.

yes, that´s why, is my case, i prefer a bigger dial, with a diferent scale , that shows easily the range of the needle when the IP drop and stops back .

..... and does not creep.
Ding, ding, ding !!!
That's the tell-tale sign/bells I always look for as an "Early Warning Sign" that you are going to need a rebuild very soon !
Take a few deep breathes, Stop, note the exact reading, watch it for 2-3 mins and see if the needle has moved even slightly.

Great tip !!

I found the cheap IP gauge,0-300 psi not so accurate, and replaced the gauge with a 0-210 psi dial, so the reading is nearly full scale of dial, not in the middle like in a 0-300 psi.

analog gauges are most accurate in the middle, the 0-300psi gauges are more accurate. Doesn't really matter for what we're doing here, but the 300psi gauge will be more accurate provided the gauges are of similar quality and precision

Yes, you are right about middle scale accuracy better than full scale, but the one i use for ajusting IP at home is definitively better than the one i have in my dive kit
PICT0003.JPG
PICT0003.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom