Inverted tank holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hunter69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I had some old slotted angle laying around and decided to make this inverted tanks holder. I’ve tried basically every sized tank in it and they all fit. That’s a 63 in it in the picture. I put some pipe insulation on the inner edges and where the neck sits so it won’t scratch the tank. 8ACE2562-71E6-4970-982C-93D6A2929FD7.jpegCDFAA418-7A0E-40F9-AEFB-7F29961C40E6.jpeg6B938F77-09C7-4FC8-862C-BA3C1E2BF826.jpeg46061929-5F6C-49A3-B638-9C12A43A52C8.jpeg020D059F-C54B-41B1-A084-3511810CA8D1.jpeg

I use it for rinsing and drying out tanks after tumbling and O2 cleaning.

I use it for rinsing and drying out tanks after tumbling and O2 cleaning
Oh nice! You can even direct clean dry pressurized air into too help drying. JWD!

Oh nice! You can even direct clean dry pressurized air into too help drying. JWD!
Yes, that’s why I left a little space on the bottom so you can get an air nozzle up in the tank.

I don't have any pictures, but I made a tank dryer for the LDS here. I used one of these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Black-Electric-Air-Pump-120V-Standard-Electric-Plug/812363444
Some 1/2 inch CPVC tubing and T's/elbows, and an adapter I 3d printed (but liberal use of duct tape to attach a segment of cpvc to the factory nozzle would work).
They used to just let tanks dry upside down on a rack similar to yours, and it would take days. By routing the CPVC so the outlet went to the bottom of the tank, drying two tanks at a time takes about 20 minutes now.

Just a thought,

James

I don't have any pictures, but I made a tank dryer for the LDS here. I used one of these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Black-Electric-Air-Pump-120V-Standard-Electric-Plug/812363444
Some 1/2 inch CPVC tubing and T's/elbows, and an adapter I 3d printed (but liberal use of duct tape to attach a segment of cpvc to the factory nozzle would work).
They used to just let tanks dry upside down on a rack similar to yours, and it would take days. By routing the CPVC so the outlet went to the bottom of the tank, drying two tanks at a time takes about 20 minutes now.

Just a thought,

James
Great idea. I just use breathing air from a Scuba tank via an air gun nozzle.It works pretty good.

Great idea. I just use breathing air from a Scuba tank via an air gun nozzle.It works pretty good.
I just hate using up fills where other sources work.... of course, I usually drive an hour for fills.

I just hate using up fills where other sources work.... of course, I usually drive an hour for fills.
Luckily I have a portable compressor. I got a great deal on it, coincidentally on Scubaboard. So I have an abundant air supply.

Back
Top Bottom