Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well crap guys, sorry I'm not going to be able to make it this year, we had a great time last year. We had to make a decision on where we were going to go over the 4th of July and whale sharks and Isla Mujeres won out.

We won't be far away, and will be thinking about you and all the great dives over in Cozumel while I'm diving Marchones II for the fourth time that week.

Every time you post a xx days remaining I smile knowing I get to reduce that by a day :D

Anyone else flying in a day early?

Hi James,

Both HonuDiver1059 and I will be flying in on June 28th then flying out on July 8th. Our first 2 days will be spent over on Isla Mujeres where we will swim with the whale sharks and do some diving. July 7th we will join other "Invasioners" on the Cenote trip.

~Ray

Last edited:
Hi James,

Both HonuDiver1059 (Jim) and I will be flying in on June 27th then flying out on July 8th. Our first 2 days will be spent over on Isla Mujeres where we will swim with the whale sharks and do some diving. There is always room for a few more if you are interested

~Ray

PM sent.

Well crap guys, sorry I'm not going to be able to make it this year, we had a great time last year. We had to make a decision on where we were going to go over the 4th of July and whale sharks and Isla Mujeres won out.

We won't be far away, and will be thinking about you and all the great dives over in Cozumel while I'm diving Marchones II for the fourth time that week.

Mike we will miss Lora and you.

A bunch of us are going to see the Whalesharks on Friday July 7.
It's 1 of the 2 excursions we added to this years Invasion.

For those who may have not seen this yet or to just enjoy again

Last edited:
We already booked, and with work schedules and such we can't change now. We fly in the day before and leave the day after the "official" invasion dates. We get to fly through Atlanta, which means an extra hour in a plane, but it's well worth it to the bottom line with Delta miles.

It's still drysuit diving (or be cold) here, and every time I've been out lately I can't help but think about the trip and how much fun we'll be having. The bummer is still David's accident, and we'll definitely miss him and Monica.

I definitely wanna hear that trip report!! Stinks you won't be at the invasion, but damn, your gonna have a badass time!! The underwater 'museum' thing with all the statues there looks really neat too!

Every time you post a xx days remaining I smile knowing I get to reduce that by a day :D

Anyone else flying in a day early?

June 25 - July 9 :D

Get into town, two days of diving, rescue course, INVASION, whale sharks, cenotes :D

Cardzard and I are coming in a day early and staying 2 extra days. I'll be posting an arrival/airline thread when we get closer to the date like I did last year. That way we all know who's coming in on what days and those traveling on the same flights can meet each other in route and catch a van to the hotel together.

Back
Top Bottom