Introductions - Dive Buds - Best of both threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Name: Brad

Comments: Looking for my own boat, but in the mean time willing to share gas and/or charter to get under water! I dig laying on the bottom of the gulf watching my bubbles get bigger.

Name: Billy, but most call me Obie

Location: Niceville, but will be moving to St. Pete area in the next month for work.

Comments: I typically dive wrecks on the Panhandle and the Keys, but Looking to get wet any way i can.

Name: Karen
Comments: Just moved here three days ago from NYC, and I'm looking for somewhere to dive and someone to dive with. Diving for one year, ~50 dives, including wrecks (off NYC and the UK), cenotes (in Tulum), and shore dives (FL, PA, and Ireland). I want to go the technical diving route, but right now I need to get out and build up my skills.

Hi,

I am just getting into more diving as well and just wanted to say hi. I have about 35 dives so far and hope to have many more by the end of the summer. I am living in Largo, but have traveled around the state to dive. Looking to dive next weekend locally. Tomorrow I am off to visit the east coast and see what's going on over there. I hope to be able to get down to Venice for some fossil diving soon and keep working on my skills.

My name is Eric. I have been diving since September of 2012, and am now AOW with 65 dives. I have my own boat, a 25 foot with berth, porta-potty, and tank storage for 8 tanks - can reasonably take 4 divers and gear out. I love to spearfish. As it warms up I'll be looking to get out and am always looking for dive buddies to help share with gas and expenses. I have most Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays off. Wife doesn't dive but does a great job of driving the boat, assisting with gear, and loves to fish.

I moved to Tampa about a year ago and have been certified since 2010. I'm looking to get wet any way I can and as often as I can. Most of my experience is from diving caves and wrecks and the Florida pan handle. I previously had a relationship with a boat owner and dove about every weekend and I'm currently interested in another similar situation. I am more than willing to help with gas and cleaning the boat after a dive. Please pm me if you're looking for a buddy for I'm still a newby in the tampa area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread idea was stolen hook, line, and sinker from the SoCal Beach Crabs. It is for everyone to stop in and say hi and let the other divers know just a bit about yourself. It is not a place to chat or share messages. It is a spot to find dive buddy's and get to know some of your neighbors. Feel free to pm anyone on this list, if you'd like, to see if they are up for diving.

Name:

Thank you and happy diving,

-MissD

MOD POST: This is now Sticky-fied! Looking forward to a long and growing list of divers!

Diver new to the area and looking to get in the water.

Name: Tom Pietrantonio "P-11"
Comments: OW/EAN certified. Logged 12 dives in freshwater when I lived in NC. Did a dive in the Cooper River as well! I've started out being mentored by technical divers. That is my passion and hope to advance to that level. I prefer to dive with others who have a respect for the environment, aren't afraid to call a dive, and always willing to learn. In all, just looking to dive with others in the area. NEVER been in the ocean.

Name: Paul Krasucki
Comments: Moving to the Tampa Bay are at the end of January and I'm anxious to get in the water. I'm a fresh tech diver (Tec45) and I'm hoping to find dive buddies for some local diving. Most of my Florida diving has been restricted to the Keys but I'm really hoping to explore the gulf, starting with Spanish rocks. Once we get settled in, I'll probably be looking at deeper dives on the Atlantic side as well. Honestly, any kind of diving puts a smile on my face.

Name: Jacob Stambaugh

Comments: I am originally from the West Coast, and now that I am in Florida I am looking to do as much diving as time (and money) will allow. Always in need of dive buddies.

Name: Carter Lassalle

Comments: Just moved back to FL from Chicago and decided to get OW certified, which I just got. I'd like to get into spearfishing as well, but don't know many people around here that dive. Definitely let me know if anyone needs a dive buddy. Also, I do have a boat...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom