Introduction to James

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WELCOME!
Hope you enjoy it here. I pick guitar a little also. I have a Gibson SG and Fender Roadhouse Strat and Fender Jazz+ bass. I know how it is not having a guitar at all, BUT; you may be able to get certified at the cost of that Epiphone and save for another guitar later. If I had to choose between my guitars and dive gear, I'm diving now. You're still young so you don't have to jump on a decision like that yet! :D Hopefully you can have BOTH!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Snorkeling is a great way to experience the underwater world. You should consider learning more about freediving as well as scuba. Be sure to make contact with ScubaBrett22. He is 15 years old and already a Rescue Diver! The two of you should have a lot in common...

Additionally, given your love of photography and snorkeling... You should think about doing some underwater photo... You can get some great shots snorkeling!

Additionally, given your love of photography and snorkeling... You should think about doing some underwater photo... You can get some great shots snorkeling!

Thanks so much everybody!

I do like to take some photos underwater. Although the place I snorkel in is really quite boring, I sometimes buy cheap underwater disposable cameras.

WELCOME!
Hope you enjoy it here. I pick guitar a little also. I have a Gibson SG and Fender Roadhouse Strat and Fender Jazz+ bass. I know how it is not having a guitar at all, BUT; you may be able to get certified at the cost of that Epiphone and save for another guitar later. If I had to choose between my guitars and dive gear, I'm diving now. You're still young so you don't have to jump on a decision like that yet! Hopefully you can have BOTH!

The Epiphone I actually just bought two weeks ago. I'm not sure I'm ready to get certified for scuba until I get more expanded in places we go... my family isn't exactly very wealthy... so I might be restricted to just snorkeling at the lake for quite a while. Actually, the main reason I joined this board was to get some information and learn some tips and such, for when I do get into diving, I'll have a bit more background knowledge.

Jim there is a lot of information buried here on SB. Use the Search feature to track down practically anything. You will be surprised how much information is available here, as well as some great people to learn from and make friends with.

There are also others who are primarily into snorkeling, and looking for fellow snorkelers to converse with:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sn...715-why-there-no-snorkeling-sites-forums.html

Some of those cheap disposable U/W cameras take pretty decent pics! That was how I got hooked, till I realized even snorkeling I was diving too deep to allow me to wind for second shots, due to the pressure crushing the camera body. Underwater photography is almost as addictive as diving itself!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom