Introducing the SENTRY DPV DASHBOARD from Logic Dive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon Nellis

Contributor
Reaction score
In response to a couple recent forum threads, we are releasing the first pictures of the Sentry DPV Dashboard. The first ever power management computer display for DPVs.

Logic-Sentry-DPV-Dashboard-e1431315061816.jpg

The Sentry DPV Dashboard uses a wireless transmitter inside the scooter to send battery and power information to an OLED display on the outside of the scooter and also incorporates a bottom timer and leak detector for the scooter.

Top left corner is Depth (XXX.X ft - selectable for ft or m) - Top right corner is a dive time (mmm:ss)

Center left is Power (Watts) currently being used by motor - Center right is cumulative Watt-hours used from the battery(s).

Bottom left is #1 battery voltage - Bottom Right is #2 battery voltage.
For scooters with two batteries (Genesis, Gavin, SS-UV) it can display each battery separately to indicate if one battery may be failing before the other. For scooters with only one battery, V1 will display the voltage and V2 will be zero.

Bottom center shows "LINK" to indicate it has a communications link with the internal board and the battery graphic is the state-of-charge for the external display's battery. Not shown are the tap indicators that light up when it is tapped to select between feet or meters and turn the unit off. Also not shown is the Leak alarm, that flashes the entire screen when water is detected inside the DPV.

There are no buttons on the display (tap operated) and the internal battery (factory replaceable) is recharged via two contacts on the outside of the display. Three taps turn the display on. Five taps, within 10 seconds of being turned on, switches from ft to m on depth. Three taps followed by three more taps after an OFF confirmation shut the display off. Timer begins counting when depth exceeds 6ft (2m).

By using the power displayed to create a baseline, divers can estimate their speed and also ensure they do not use too much power, so that they have enough to complete the dive plan. For example, if your scooter has 600Wh of battery capacity and you are planning a 2 hour dive, you can limit your power below 300 watts to ensure you do not run out of battery. Additionally, you can recalculate remaining run-time at any power, based on real time data.

A mile off shore or 5000ft back in a cave is not the place to be guessing if you have enough battery to get you home.

Production release expected Sep/Oct 2015. Price: TBD

This is awesome. I'm assuming that it will work for most DPVs (ie Cuda400)?

I'll take one please, factory installed on a Genesis 600, thanks!

Ooo, I know what my next scooter will have :D Odds of getting a compass chip in it?

This is awesome. I'm assuming that it will work for most DPVs (ie Cuda400)?

We are in the process of testing it on other scooters.

I'll take one please, factory installed on a Genesis 600, thanks!

You'll need to wait a few month both for scooter and Dashboard. In addition to this development, I have a couple custom projects for reversible scooters for thrusters on two different subs.

Ooo, I know what my next scooter will have :D Odds of getting a compass chip in it?

No plans for an integrated compass, since I'm not a big fan a digital compasses. Yea, they look cool, but you lose feedback, like swing rate.

SO cool. When will a price be announced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

I will gladly be a Beta tester :D

The beta test units are already spoken for. The first small production run will be offered to Genesis owners, and if any remain they will be available for other scooters once we confirm that they are compatible with each scooter.

Brilliant. I look forward to meeting you at the Long Beach Scuba Show. Have you thought about patenting any of your designs? If so, I happen to be a tek diver who is an attorney and who works at a patent prosecution firm...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom