Introducing new generation of HID lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TecDiveGear

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey all,
I'm very excited to announce that TecDiveGear.com becomes an US & Canada distributor and service facility for great products of Yellow Diving brand, company residing in EU.
Yellow Diving has an almost a decade long history of inventing, improving all kinds of scuba diving equipment but mainly specializes in dive lights and drysuit heating systems.

As first I would like to introduce a new generation of HID lights. HID lights are well known to everybody so let me tell you whats different in Yellow Diving.

1. Since there was not much of a (visual) difference between 21 and 35 watt HID (videos soon) we have replaced them both by bringing a new 24 Watt HID light which in comparison head to head perform
pretty equally with 35 Watt but still being priced at the 21 Watt level. There is also a 55 Watt still available in offer.

2. Much more choices of battery capacities, Yellow Diving offer 10Ah, 16Ah, 21Ah and 25Ah Li-Ion canister batteries. So whatever you do you can adjust the battery perfectly to your needs.

3. Smaller can sizes and light head if compared to other brands. Principal here was simple - less drag, more streamline equipment gives more efficiency and less effort for a diver.
Thanks to the newer smaller battery packs we have manage to shrink the battery canister sizes in both thickness and length,
light head is shorter about 1 inch from competitors which makes it sit less on your arm, more comfortable hand movements.

4. AWESOME piezoelectric switch. Turning the light on/off never been easier. No more problems with reaching and flipping the switch.
Yellow Diving metal button type switch is very easy to use with any finger with minimum touch / press contact, you've got to try it once to love it, but don't worry we still have the "old school"
switch for those addicted to it.

Here couple of products pictures, most of Yellow Diving offer items are already in our stock.
For exact specifications visit our site Yellow Diving HID Lights
or manufacturer website YellowDiving.eu

Best for all our customers.
Sebastian J.
TecDiveGear.com

perch_double_eo.jpgPERCH2410_a -001.jpgPERCH2410_b-001.jpgPERCH2410_c-001.jpgperch_double_eo (2).jpgPERCH2410_d-001.jpgPERCH a-001.jpgPERCH b-001.jpgPERCH c-001.jpg

LOVE the idea of a big battery with a light AND a heating vest E/O connector. Very good thinking! If I were in the market for a new light, you might even tempt me to look beyond Light Monkey . . .

LOVE the idea of a big battery with a light AND a heating vest E/O connector. Very good thinking! If I were in the market for a new light, you might even tempt me to look beyond Light Monkey . . .

Indeed, and there is lot more to it. In next couple of months we will reveal few more really great not existing on the market products which are tested since a year.

We're processing the movies we have taken comparing Yellow Diving HIDs vs. HID lights other well known companies,
Yellow Diving 24w HID surprisingly almost match the 35w domestic HIDs in brightness.

Will keep you guys posted about everything.

If I may, UTD has had that for awhile now, certainly a good idea, so great to have some choices.

This might be a stupid question but why not make use of LED technology instead of HID?
I can't get over what some companies have done with hand held back up lights, a 1000 lumen light with 3 c cells!
I can only imagine what could be done with a canister full of power and an LED.

If I may, UTD has had that for awhile now, certainly a good idea, so great to have some choices.

Yellow Diving showed double switch canister several years ago but was set only for Europe thats why we didn't hear nothing about it, now we have service facility and product warehouse located in US.
Its not my point to argue who was first but me personally look for who does it better.

Like you said its good to have a choice.

---------- Post added ----------

This might be a stupid question but why not make use of LED technology instead of HID?
I can't get over what some companies have done with hand held back up lights, a 1000 lumen light with 3 c cells!

We have a really nice LED primary's from Light For Me in our store, although I agree with all the advantages of LED's some divers will forever use and prefer HID's so we have to work on them to make them best possible.
I like to dive both actually, some dives (conditions) are better with HID's and some LED's, and this is the advantage of having EO connector for flexibility of choices.

LED is less focused, and the color temp typically blows . . . myself, I will never own one until those issues are corrected . . .

- Tim

Back
Top Bottom