Intro cave limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i don't think so

i just put them on and went diving with a buddy... it's pretty self-explanatory,
and the learning curve ain't that steep...

just don't turtle at the wrong time =)

neither have I but I keep seein it online about having training to use them.

I had been diving doubles before cavern/Intro and did both cavern and intro in doubles, I didnt get a special doubles pass, and didnt ask for one casue when I went diving, no one asked me for one. As far as a doubles class...I did a rec class in doubles I also did DIR-F and apprentice cave in doubles but didnt really learn anything special about them.

I think the closet thing avaiable is the 5thd-X "Doubles mini"

There's no like, "doubles class" (it's probably a padi specialty.... ), what i'm refering to is just some of the basic "these are doubles, this is the best way to dive with them" type stuff you would get from a full cave class. I myself just put some on and figured it out, but some people could benefit from some help.

Spectre:
Don't forget that a minor restriction becomes a major restriction if the minor restriction is between you and the exit :wink:

:lol:

KangarooSeatbelt:
There's no like, "doubles class" (it's probably a padi specialty.... ), what i'm refering to is just some of the basic "these are doubles, this is the best way to dive with them" type stuff you would get from a full cave class. I myself just put some on and figured it out, but some people could benefit from some help.

While switching to doubles is no big deal, I would want a lot of dives in them so they feel as natural as single tank diving. I don't think a cave class is the best time to be drastically changing your gear configuration. Think about someone who's been diving a "tech" jacket like a zeagle with singles and shows up to his full cave class with a new BP/W and a set of 130's. That with the content of the cave class itself seems like too much new stuff to deal with over the typical 4 days of apprentice and full. As soon as I knew I was going full cave, I got a set of doubles, had an expeirenced doubles diver give me some pointers and got in over 50 OW dives on them and about 15 intro dives on them. In a month I take my full cave class and I'm glad I don't have a completly new rig to get comfortable with while I'm 1200' back in some cave with my instructor watching my every move.

Spectre:
Don't forget that a minor restriction becomes a major restriction if the minor restriction is between you and the exit :wink:

:rofl:

also, i posit that a minor restriction is any restriction you managed to get through,
while a major restriction is the one you are currently stuck in.

loosebits:
While switching to doubles is no big deal, I would want a lot of dives in them so they feel as natural as single tank diving. I don't think a cave class is the best time to be drastically changing your gear configuration. Think about someone who's been diving a "tech" jacket like a zeagle with singles and shows up to his full cave class with a new BP/W and a set of 130's. That with the content of the cave class itself seems like too much new stuff to deal with over the typical 4 days of apprentice and full. As soon as I knew I was going full cave, I got a set of doubles, had an expeirenced doubles diver give me some pointers and got in over 50 OW dives on them and about 15 intro dives on them. In a month I take my full cave class and I'm glad I don't have a completly new rig to get comfortable with while I'm 1200' back in some cave with my instructor watching my every move.

Kudos to you for getting the experience before attempting a cave class.I see many cave students who don't get much or any experience in doubles,and they wonder why they fail the class. I see a new attitude that if an acceptable level of cave skills,which includes diving doubles is not reached,many students aren't allowed to get a c-card. That is tough,but your life can depend on being better than okay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom