Intova UW Camera Sets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brucekrymow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is anyone familiar w/ the Intova underwater camera & strobe kits? Are they any good? Do the strobes provide any lighting?

One of my dive buddies bought one and took it on several trips. If you're a casual photographer just interested in some memories and not interested in being a serious artist, the pictures are quite decent. It's a hard set-up to beat for someone who just wants a cheap camera to take decent pictures and a strobe that matches it and is all set up. If you're more serious, buy a name brand point and shoot as described in this forum and a high quality strobe to go with it.

I just ordered an Intova C600. It should be here Monday. My next dives are scheduled for this coming weekend and I can't wait to use it. For the money, this seems like a great starter camera. All the reviews I've read have positive comments about it.

FYI - I got mine through LeisurePros best price guarantee. They not only had it on sale, but they matched the cheaper price I found through Amazon and gave me an additional five percent off. Can't beat that.

:scubadiver

I have one, it takes good photos for memory, and they have a compact flash, and are coming out with a strobe. They are not to expensive, got my for 140 bucks. The case is good, it is a double o-ring design. Been down to 80ft no problem with leaks. I would get a red filter regardless of which brand you get. It really helps out. The internal flash is useless unless you get the defuser for the housing to prevent shadow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom