Intova Ultra Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me explain why I prefer SL4 over Dorcy. BTW, my SL4 is stock. 1) SL4 has better color. Next to each other, SL4 is whiter while Dorcy look slightly green. 2)SL4 has a noticeable brighter but smaller hot spot. The beam gradually and slowly fade out to a large side spill. Dorcy's hotsport is bigger, less bright and has more even brightness. But once outside of hotspot, the side spill die down very quickly. I will try to post some beam shot tonight.

Now, I dive mostly daytime in Monterey. Water viz is like 10-15ft average. The higher intensity hotspot of the SL4 is more useful here for signalling buddy, looking between rocks .... Dorcy's less intense and bigger hotspot is less effective. In night dive, the intensity of the Dorcy is good enough, but the side spill isn't as wide as the sL4. the whiter beam of SL4 also help to maintain better color in night dive too.

What I really want is a light with beam quality of the SL4 and in size of Dorcy, then I think I am set until I can afford a canister light.

Thanks for the explanation. You will probably like the Ultra then. It's usually a different emitter than the Dorcy and it will be as you describe in the SL4.

You can also get something similar at DX (which is what I use as a backup) which is the Ultrafire W200 for $37. I uses 3 AA's and has a narrow beam (Cree XR-E).

Hello guys, i got a problem here. I using a Intova Ultra too and unfortunately the O ring snap when i lub it. Any ideas which shops might be selling the O ring of similar size.

I would be interested in this too so I could put some spares for my 4 Intova lights in my kit.

Things you might try, post in the Intova thread here on ScubaBoard, email Intova (they never replied to my question though), and sending an email to Dive Gear Express or similar that sell the lights.

This is what they say in their FAQ, but no info on what and where to get them:

Q: Do I ever need to replace the O rings in my torch?

A: Yes, maintenance and eventual replacement is mandatory to keep your torch operating at peak performance. Visually inspect O-rings prior to each use. O-rings should be clean and free of debris. Even a grain of sand or piece of hair can cause leakage. Inspect for cracks caused by drying of O-ring. To help prevent drying, keep O-rings lightly lubricated with Intova silicone grease. Watch for “flattening” of the O-ring caused by excessive compression. If signs of cracking or flattening appear, replace O-rings promptly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom