Intova Ultra Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm using mine with an OxyCheq light sock, and it works great. The light isn't any bigger than some lights that convert from canister to torch. I'm pretty small, and it fit me well.

It may be a bit small for a goodman handle and the light sock works great.

See image attached.

Attachments

• IMGP2899a.JPG
    IMGP2899a.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 498
Glen - I'm just saying there's a hot centerspot and some ambient flood around the center - not just a hot spot without any spillage.

The light is no bigger than those Halcyon Scouts that were basically the standard for so long as backup lights... sizewise.

BTW, TheAwesomeFish is awesome... she made me do it.

I dunno... i was hoping it would be... ya know... bigger... :)

Just ordered a pair. Will have 4 intovas now, 2 ultras, a nova and a mini. BTW, the magnetic slide on the nova has been sticking, i've done the warm water rinse w a little vinegar, it helps briefly but gets sticky shortly after it dries. Any other suggestions? lube?

Hy,

I'm new on this forum and also in diving. I'm looking for some diving light and I don't know which one to chose? I have read all the threads in this forum about these lights and still don't know which one to chose?

Package of:
Intova wide + Intova with narow beam (but which???)

or
Dorcy II 220 + Intova (but which???)

or

Novae Photic 1200

I'm willing to spend about 100$ - 130$

It really depends on what you're planning on using them for. Intova is a great light, but I'm no expert. I suggest talking to your local dive shop, or if your in North Florida, Edd at Cave Adventurers. Either way, see if someone can let you borrow a few different types, so you can figure out which fit your needs and price range best.

problem is that I am from Slovenia and there is no shop in our contry where could I see and try these lights!? I have also asked other divers in our diving club but non of them knows these lights...they are mostley using led lenser, vega or similar.

I would use light in water with bad visability and to look in to the holes and on recreational night dives!

problem is that I am from Slovenia and there is no shop in our contry where could I see and try these lights!? I have also asked other divers in our diving club but non of them knows these lights...they are mostley using led lenser, vega or similar.

I would use light in water with bad visability and to look in to the holes and on recreational night dives!

Have you tried with CPA or Aquamania (Ljubljana)? I think that Gasper Kosir had one once. Anyway, in Italy you can contact Aquatica (they are listed as the official distributor).

No one carries them in Croatia also, we are all Brightstar fans :D

Have you tried with CPA or Aquamania (Ljubljana)? I think that Gasper Kosir had one once. Anyway, in Italy you can contact Aquatica (they are listed as the official distributor).

No one carries them in Croatia also, we are all Brightstar fans :D

thanks for informations! will contact Gasper or visit Italy!

Back
Top Bottom