Intova Ultra Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theawesomefish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just purchased this light from Cave Adventurers in Marianna, FL. I'm in love! I could not afford a canister light for my primary cavern light, and when Edd told me about these new lights, I had to have one!

I tried it out Sunday at Jackson Blue, and it was great. Very bright, and focused. Uses 6 AA batteries, so I won't have trouble replacing them (I'm sure it will have a much shorter burn time than canister lights). Perfect for cavern diving. This light also has the 100%, 30% and strobe features. Only one dive so far, but I am impressed!

Its an impressive light for the cost. It has a tight central hot spot thats great for signalling, brighter than a 10w HID or my DR LED LUX(which has a larger spot that covers more area, but dimmer). The intova has some flood lighting as well.

Mat, does this new Intova come in a flood beam, or are you just saying some of the Intova's like the ones I have now come in a flood? I want to test drive this new one if it comes in flood...want to see about using it for taking some video.

Its an impressive light for the cost. It has a tight central hot spot thats great for signalling, brighter than a 10w HID or my DR LED LUX(which has a larger spot that covers more area, but dimmer). The intova has some flood lighting as well.

Thanks for the review! I saw one of these a couple weeks ago and passed on it, only to discover it sold out the next day ( once I decided to give it a try, of course).

It did seem a little large, but I don't think it would be too much of an issue.

I was thinking it may be nice with a goodman style handle of some sort. Earlier today I discovered the oxycheck universal light sock. Some of the pictures on their website show it with a light closer to the ultra's size, so I think I might give it a try.

Glen,
When I looked on intova's website, the narrow beam ( IFL660) has a beam angle of 8 degrees. The wide angle torch has a beam angle of 43 degrees.
The new ultra nova advertises a 14 degree beam. I'd imagine that it'd pack some punch, but not so great for that even flood that the wide angle gives.

Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got one today from Cave Adventures also. Love it! I haven't had a chance to play with it too much, so can someone explain the button sequence for power levels/strobe to me?

nevermind. figured it out after 1 minute of playing. dee de dee :)

Hold for 2ish seconds for on, then individual taps for low power, then off.
Hold for 5ish seconds for strobe

I played with one at Ed's on Friday....a little big, but it looked really bright.

Just got one today from Cave Adventures also. Love it! I haven't had a chance to play with it too much, so can someone explain the button sequence for power levels/strobe to me?

From the pics, it looks quit a bit bigger than the Nova torch. Is this something you can easily stow on your chest d-ring and bicycle tire loops?

From the pics, it looks quit a bit bigger than the Nova torch. Is this something you can easily stow on your chest d-ring and bicycle tire loops?

It is a bit larger, but still manageable I think. It would fit in tire loops no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom