Intova ISS 4000?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sq1309

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anybody know about the Intova ISS 4000? I am looking for an inexpensive strobe and this one seems to have alot of options for the price.

Hi man just baught two of them and are running them in a dual strobe setup and they seem too work great gets rid of shadows and the varible power adjustment is great. had to drill hole in one of the plugs and this velcros to the camera and the other plug goes over top, works really well.

Is this strobe have auto exposure feature or is all manual power settings?

this strobe only has manual power settings I got twin strobe setup they work great

Bought one in February and used it for 24 dives in Roatan with my S95. Totally manual exposure, but easy to adjust. Batteries easily lasted two dives. This is my first strobe and I think I'll keep it for a while.

Most underwater photographers buying their first flash would be well served to buy a manual flash like this. It teaches you a lot about using a flash and then, when you do upgrade (and you will), you will get the best out of it.

You can buy a flash with autoexposure and set it to manual if you want to learn what manual does. You don't have to be stuck with it for years, getting tons of spoiled shots just to learn about lighting.

You can buy a flash with autoexposure and set it to manual if you want to learn what manual does. You don't have to be stuck with it for years, getting tons of spoiled shots just to learn about lighting.
But, you can't buy a strobe for under $200, like the ISS 4000, with as many options as it has, that *also* has auto-exposure...
(Just got mine today, and I'm already lovin' it)!

I got a D2000 used for under 200. I'm happy with it. Not saying it's better then the iss4000...just that you can find them out there. also the SnS 02 is a nice strobe but also manual...I think it can be found for around 300.

But, you can't buy a strobe for under $200, like the ISS 4000, with as many options as it has, that *also* has auto-exposure...
(Just got mine today, and I'm already lovin' it)!

How do you get it to work in auto-exposure? Your camera has real time TTL that closes the shutter the instant it senses enough light came in?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom