Intova Compact Switch Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ferris213

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I bought an Intova compact form Leisure Pro in January 2011. It has been used on about 80 dives in total and is a fantastic light.

I went to switch it on yesterday and it seems to have developed a problem. It switches on ok, but is running a little dim, then it switches itself off after only about 2 seconds. Switch it back on and it will light up for a little bit less time, then less and less until it won't stay on for more than a fraction of a second.

All the functions still work (full power/dim/strobe) it just wont stay on.

Any suggestions? If it is the switch, ideally I would like it if you could send out a new one.

Thanks a lot for you help,
Pat

Hi Ferris213,

This is William at Intova. Please use this test to determine if flashlight switch or light head is defective.

To determine where a defect is occurring within a flashlighta simple paper clip test can be used. This will determine if the switch iscausing the issue or if it is the circuitry in the light head.
Bend Paper clip similarly to the below:
paper clip.jpg
Next touch the paperclip to the back of the battery and theside of the lights body to complete the circuit.
paper clip and flashlight.jpg
If the light comes on with a solid light beam then theswitch must be the issue.
If the light does notcome on or performs irregularly then the light head is the issue.
Please let us know the result. Please email Kevin, our customer service manager at kevin@intova.net or call us directly at 877-837-0074 so that we can help with your flashlight issue.

Best Regards,
William

Attachments

• Flashlight test procedure.jpg
    Flashlight test procedure.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Flashlight test procedure.jpg
    Flashlight test procedure.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 381
Turns out I'm an idiot, I changed the batteries and the light works fine. I haven't see a light behave the way mine did from dead batteries before, but of course it is the first thing I should have checked.

Just so everyone is clear: My Intova light works as well now as the day I bought it. I'm really happy with it's quality and function, not to mention the outstanding service and follow up shown by William and the other staff.

Remember. Stop, Breath, THINK, then act...:(

Hi,

I bought an Intova compact form Leisure Pro in January 2011. It has been used on about 80 dives in total and is a fantastic light.

I went to switch it on yesterday and it seems to have developed a problem. It switches on ok, but is running a little dim, then it switches itself off after only about 2 seconds. Switch it back on and it will light up for a little bit less time, then less and less until it won't stay on for more than a fraction of a second.

All the functions still work (full power/dim/strobe) it just wont stay on.

Any suggestions? If it is the switch, ideally I would like it if you could send out a new one.

Thanks a lot for you help,
Pat
Hello All,

I just called Linda at 800 324 5032 to discuss my torch starting with the numbers 14. It worked well for a few years and then would not stay on. I did the paperclip test and determined the switch was the problem. They are shipping me a new switch ($12 + S&H) to see if it corrects the problem and asked to reply either way. Good service!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom