Interspiro AGA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CCTX50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am in the process of doing the annual maintenance on our teams AGA's. I have been looking at different companies that sale the kits. I have found a huge price difference in the kits. Dive Rescue International sales them for $91.25 and Ocean Tech Systems sales them for $139.00. My department has purchased from OTS for years but with the economy and such I am trying to save some money. I spoke with a rep from OTS and I asked why the big price difference and he said he did not know. That other customers have asked the same question. (He really did not seem to care)

Is there anyone out there that may have some insight on this? Where do other technicians purchase their kits from? Thanks and safe diving!!!

We buy our kits from Dive Rescue International. I cant tell you why there is such a price difference.

Check some of the commercial diving suppliers like Divers Supply, Inc., Jack Vilas and Associates, Kickady Scuba, or Bay Tech Industries. They may or may not have a better price.

I've been told informally that OTS "wouldn't touch (sell) anything that didn't have a big margin." I'm also told one rep from Interspiro felt OTS's price was a bit high on the service kit.

The annual is 91.25 at DRI and 139.00 at OTS. The both claim they are the annual kits. I have ordered from OTS for years and the kits work just fine. I was trained by OTS years ago. Yet this year when I was looking at ordering some kits for our annuals I started looking around due to budget concerns. When I asked OTS about what the difference in their kit as opposed to DRI's kit he said that he really did not know, just that he had heard their price was much less. Again, he did not seem too concerned. I called DRI and they were completely helpful in sending me out a quote and a breakdown of all components in the kit. I asked why theirs was so much cheaper than OTS and she said she had no idea. I called OTS again yesterday and asked for a complete breakdown of all components in the kit and a qoute. Once again, OTS was not very helpful other than saying that he called DRI after our first conversation the day before. OTS said that the two kits are pretty much the same other than two small items. Yet when you add the additional cost of these two items onto 91.25 it only comes to around 115.00. OTS said that I should just go ahead and buy from DRI. When I asked for the breakdown, OTS asked me if I did not believe them and I told them it was not about truth or lies. I was only looking for a breakdown to compare the two companies. (It was almost like pulling teeth to get what I asked for) After sometime I received an email from OTS with the breakdown. By the way, I was dealing with Ryan at OTS. I have dealt with OTS on many occasions and they have always been helpful. John Hott has been great when dealing with him.

I called Divers Supply, Inc., Jack Vilas and Associates and Kickady Scuba today and none of them carry the kits. Divers Supply said that they would call and see what they can get them for and call me back.

I have always been happy with OTS's kits and am only trying to find out the big difference. I plan on buying one from DRI and one from OTS and comparing. Thanks for the assistance and input on this matter.

The primary reason why the service kits from Dive Rescue International are less is because we are working really hard to save public safety dive teams money. As budgets decrease, Dive Rescue International has to be more competitive and lower profit margins if we are going to continue being the leader in the PSD community for training, equipment and technical support.

I am really glad to hear you had a good experience when you spoke to the staff at Dive Rescue International. It is just a small example of our desire to be "full service." We also have a "new" person in charge of government sales, Brian Derrington. Brian is knowledgeable and was a former public safety diver who was also trained in ice rescue and swift water rescue. He is one of those guys who can "walk the walk" and "talk the talk" because he has "real world" knowledge.

And please know that I do not mean my statements as a slam against our friends at OTS as we value both our friendship and business relationship with them. I have always found Ryan to be great to work with and believe you may have caught him on an off day.

I believe you will find many products offered by Dive Rescue International to be very competitive as the Dive Rescue International staff is working hard to provide PSD professionals with the most bang for their buck. If we are doing a good job, please feel free to post it here on ScubaBoard. If you have a problem, let me know by Private Message <grin>.

Fraternally,

Blades Robinson, Director
Dive Rescue International
www.DiveRescueIntl.com

Back
Top Bottom