International warranty - purchased from US, warranty repair in Australia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,
Thanks for the comments. While I am sure some of you are well versed in the capacity to break down and put back together mechanical things; I would never recommend to anyone to repair or take apart a life support product without training. We have a global 2yr warranty policy that will stand behind our products from a manufacturing defect (assuming the product was purchased from an authorized Mares dealer, and you are the original purchaser (receipt of purchase required)). To me this does not sound like a manufacturing defect, but rather something that can easily be fixed by a trained technician. The only way to properly understand the issue is to take the regulator to an authorized Mares Lab designated repair facility. The issue could be a very simple adjustment, to the possibility of a needed replacement of the HP poppet. Any of these issues could be environmental issues, and rarely a defect. Please take your regulator to a Mares Lab near you, and have them take a look.

I hope this helps.

To the OP.....don't tell Zak we gave you any tips. ;-)

OK! First, thanks Zak, my apologies for hastily attributing it to a defect when the cause was not clear. I was a bit anxious, because getting setup with my own dive gear was a bit of a stretch, and I was thinking the worst. It's fantastic to get confirmation about the international warranty should I ever need it.

For everyone's benefit; my LDS checked it out, replaced the seat in the 1st stage, and it cost $50 for parts and labour. A great outcome!

Thanks everyone, I'm a happy diver once again.

.......The regs were purchased in November 2012 and I have only done about 12-15 dives with them....

I happy to hear the problem was resolved, but $50?! I would think that with less than a year old and less than 20 dives that should have been covered.

Yeah $25 parts and $25 minimum service charge, it was just a servicing job. I didn't push for the warranty claim as I can see it is not so clear cut in this case... if the reg had fallen apart or something then sure I would have. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom