Internal volume of Worthington X7-100 dive cylinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanDavid

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone,

I need this value in order to fill out the Canadian Dangerous Goods Shipping form so that I can take my tanks on a BC Ferry.

I've got a aluminum 19 cu ft Luxfer bailout bottle that has an internal volume of 2 litres. The 19 has an operating pressure of 3000psi while the 100 is 3442psi. I guess I can't extrapolate that the 100 has a volume of 10 litres?

Any BC divers out there that have a set of the Worthingtons and have filled out the form?

Thanks in advance.

David

I have a chart of Worthington specs that list the X7-100 as 12.2 liters.

Are you walking on?
If so do tell me how you managed that, because I'd like to wlak onto the ferries with my tanks and then just get picked up on the other end.

If you're not then why did you tell them? I've driven on the ferry numerous times and never had any problem.

Thanks rongoodman.

S. starfish, no I'm not walking on, I want the paperwork just in case. Four of us are heading over to Bowen on Saturday to do a couple dives.

I've walked on the ferry to Nanaimo a couple times with my AL20 in my dive bag without declaring - I'm not against the whole idea. :)

cheers

i wouldnt worry about the forum.. unless you have the tanks filled with flamable gas then you need a permit to drive have to dyspal sign on your vechial and have a specal drivers liesnce to drive it.. just say its filled with air.. then they cant do anything since its a dive tank..

I need this value in order to fill out the Canadian Dangerous Goods Shipping form so that I can take my tanks on a BC Ferry.

This is interesting. I sold two Worthington X5-40 steel cylinders to a customer in Canada. Shipped them properly through the USPS, without valves, and declared the exact contents on the customs form. I got them back saying that the paperwork was incomplete. Funny thing is......I have shipped DOZENS of shipment from the US to Canada that included cylinders; never had a problem before. Now I have to find out WHAT was wrong with the paperwork to send them again.

Phil Ellis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom