Intermediate Pressure Guage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftwood......
Zeagle DS IV .... dry sealed 4 port
The Envoy is the non sealed version of this reg.

Becky and I both dive old Zeagle DS IV's, so no environmental seals.

I think "DS" stands for "dry sealed." In any case, you can (or used to could) buy the dry seal parts separately to convert, say, an Envoy to dry sealed.

Of course not! Regulators are critical life support equipment. Should buy only the very best, most expensive and have it serviced annually by certified technicians. In fact, never take the front off of a 2nd stage to know what it looks like inside. You don't need to know that. :)

Uh-oh!! Does this mean that I am I trouble? I took of the front of my new HOG 2nd this weekend when I realized that it was shipped to me with the hose on the left, rather than the right. I then proceeded to disassemble it and install the right hand components (which were supplied with the regs). I did this at the dive site since my reason for being there was to check out the regs and to play around with weighting since I also had a new to me steel tank. Did I mention that this was the first time I ever disassembled a regulator? It ain't rocket surgery. I tweaked my weighting and enjoyed some 4-5' viz for a few minutes and went home. I didn't die in spite of the dire warnings I've read on this forum. :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom