Interesting things...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Gary and I did a night dive at Back Beach last night, and saw some pretty cool stuff! There was a school of large squid, several sea robins, and best of all: two cool lobster battles...

the first was lobster vs. crab. The lobster snipped off three of the crabs legs, and settled in to eating them while the crab quickly limped off using it's claw as a crutch.

The second was a none-too-bright but good sized lobster who decided to take a claw full of electric torpedo ray. I don't think I've ever seen a bug retreat quite so fast before!

Just wondering what other interesting and unusual stuff people have seen while diving around here.

I have seen the coolest stuff in New England (so far) snorkeling in my lake.

MOVING SUCKS.

I am basically done but I constantly get interrupted by the beauty of the lake and I end up going for a kayak or snorkel or just a sunset swim. I have to have new carpeting put in and remodel my bathroom so I'll be busy for awhile.

I can't wait to dive in it!

It is Cedar Hill Reservoir (a.k.a. Lyman Pond). No motor boats allowed, private. Sandy shore rec. area is there.

Sure, I'll make Hot Dogs, Hurray!

No, I am definitely going to have a party. I'll keep you posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom