Interesting Story?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A giggle? What's funny about it?

I doubt it would be funny to you if you were the one with the spear sticking out of your head.

Another case of not being sure of the target. Could just have easily been someone else he hit.

I'm not so sure he wasn't shooting at the proper target. Apparently the spear bounced back after also striking a rock. This is a fairly common occurrence fo spearos hunting rocky areas or those spearing around shipwrecks. I try not to hit rocks or steel plate but it has happened before. That is why I use "rockpoint' spear tips.

This is a freak accident but occurs more often than some may think.
It is amazing the guy recovered so well from this and is able to talk about it.

Part of knowing your target is knowing what is behind it. It is the same as shooting on land, we are always trying to avoid our Irish enemy Rick O'Shea.

Terrible story---but good ending it appears.........Got to watch those rockfish, they bite hard sometimes.....

Wow, whats the odds of such a thing happening and the person even surviving, he certainly got lucky there! I hope that it has no lasting effects on the guy!

You could care less of the odds when it happens to you--------"it ain't rare if it's in your chair"....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom