Interesting Find on Hilma Hooker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmorescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Check out what I found on the Hilma Hooker during a recent Bonaire trip. This was my first trip using my new E-PL1/PT-EP01/14-42II/YS-110a (1). I, like many others, was drawn in by the $400 Adorama deal. Overall, I'm very pleased, especially with the more macro-ish end of things. I just wanted to share this with someone who might care. At first I thought it was a standard Arrow Crab, but as I looked closer I realized it's actually the moulted shell of an Arrow Crab, sitting inside a funky Pink Lumpy Sponge structure. Anyway, very cool!

Attachments

• P3201061.jpg
    P3201061.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 252
That is a very cool find especially in the wide open ocean. It had to be pretty new. I've had a few salt tanks & it was always cool when the shrimps & crabs would molt. The exoskeleton wouldn't stay around long though. Usually someone ate it

Nice find, and great photograph (says another EPL-1 owner)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom