Interesting Drysuit problem...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah being only 2 serial numbers apart you're going to have the same issue. might not be as soon but it is pretty much guaranteed to happen. Not sure how much you paid for it or what other suits they have, but for the $3k Bare wants for that suit there are better options out there for the money....

As long as they keep swapping out before his junk gets wet that's good you would think they will ship him a new stock one soon.

Two things that nobody pointed out:

1) Maybe his "junk" is too big and is wearing out the material. :D

2) You do realize, you have to add a Pee valve if you plan to pee while diving.:D

Sorry, but someone had say it......

yeah being only 2 serial numbers apart you're going to have the same issue. might not be as soon but it is pretty much guaranteed to happen. Not sure how much you paid for it or what other suits they have, but for the $3k Bare wants for that suit there are better options out there for the money....

True. And I am eyeing other potential drysuits as well, such as the DUI TLS350's and a Santi Espace/Enduro. Mainly depends what my LDS can get.

Two things that nobody pointed out:

1) Maybe his "junk" is too big and is wearing out the material. :D

2) You do realize, you have to add a Pee valve if you plan to pee while diving.:D

Sorry, but someone had say it......

#1 Is entirely possible. :wink: As for #2, I definitely plan on getting one, although I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary. Your drysuit will just become a semi-drysuit. :wink:

Unfortunately I think you're right. If it does fail I'll get a refund and buy something else like the Bare X Mission drysuit, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Of course I too hope not. Absolutely get a refund, stuff fails, once I'm ok ish with, twice and it's over for me, fool me once and all that...good luck.

I know of three people already with leaky Scubapro suits. They started leaking on most of the seams.
A local suit repair shop taped and glued all the seams from the inside and that seems to have fixed the problems.

Scubapro suits are not made very well in my opinion. Look for something from a cold country.

I dive a Whites Fusion Bullet. Awesome suit! very strong and super streamlined.

Scubapro suits are not made very well in my opinion. Look for something from a cold country.
I dive a Whites Fusion Bullet. Awesome suit! very strong and super streamlined.

Donating my Scubapro suit to my dad, and buying my self a Ursuit Heavy Light Cordura, is one of my best dive related investment.

It has been a few months since this post was active, but did the OP ever get a resolution with which they were happy?

Reason I ask, I'm on my second ScubaPro Evertec drysuit where the material around the exhaust valve is becoming delaminated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom