Interesting development from Henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do they have a green drysuit!? I love the idea of a sustainable product that utilizes waste material. I cant always afford it, but i support when i can.
The video states they will have more version into 2020. They don’t state dry specifically. Right now 3,5,7

The video states they will have more version into 2020. They don’t state dry specifically. Right now 3,5,7
I don't know if Henderson has done drysuits in the past, but certainly not in the last 10 years or longer. They even dropped drysuit hoods a few years ago. They do maintain one semidry option though - I think they moved it from Thermoprene to Thermoprene Pro, and I don't think it likely they will offer two choices. Time will tell. So a 1mm suit is the only "down the road" line extension I can think of off the top of my head. That statement surprises me. We'll see what they have to say at the DEMA Show.

I’ve been using akona calcium based neoprene for more than 5 years, is this really that much different?

I don't know if Henderson has done drysuits in the past, but certainly not in the last 10 years or longer. They even dropped drysuit hoods a few years ago. They do maintain one semidry option though - I think they moved it from Thermoprene to Thermoprene Pro, and I don't think it likely they will offer two choices. Time will tell. So a 1mm suit is the only "down the road" line extension I can think of off the top of my head. That statement surprises me. We'll see what they have to say at the DEMA Show.
dry-suit-henderson-artic-dry-ii-mens_1_58ea5711c7641709f6c0b7b5db3a524b.jpg

There was a SB thread about the Henderson Arctic II drysuit (above) 17 years ago in 2002:
Henderson Arctic II Drysuit

in most cases such advertising things is just marketing sh!t, or just next step of advertising.
Better to seach not "green"pren or greenhren, but find a way to make insulating foam more long lifed. It will save nature much more, Gretta.... It is related not only to divesuits, but to all modern manufactures and ware...

The best and MOST Eco friendly diving suit - is Bioprene diving suit!
And it costs not $, but just some month of feeding by
t-mcdonalds-Big-Mac.jpg

some people already use this type of suits
798018.jpg

In the video they do not seem to fit real snug like neoprene as the divers weren't struggling to get into them. Is that for real as I just hate getting into my 7mm.

that is not unusual for higher end Hendersons. I have both a 3 and a 7 and they are very stretchy.

in most cases such advertising things is just marketing sh!t, or just next step of advertising.
Better to seach not "green"pren or greenhren, but find a way to make insulating foam more long lifed. It will save nature much more, Gretta.... It is related not only to divesuits, but to all modern manufactures and ware...

The best and MOST Eco friendly diving suit - is Bioprene diving suit!
And it costs not $, but just some month of feeding by
View attachment 548094

some people already use this type of suits
View attachment 548095
Haha. You have to be Russian to do that.

I would be curious to hear from others how these suits perform

Does Henderson make front zips or two piece suits? That could be the coming in 2020 bit. I've never been a fan of rear zip suits.

Does Henderson make front zips or two piece suits? That could be the coming in 2020 bit. I've never been a fan of rear zip suits.
Yeah, could be something along those lines. Default version for Henderson is back zip jumpsuit. Fewer colors, sizes, brands produced with front zip or two piece. If anything I would predict front zip. I don't see them adding a two piece choice, and I don't think they would drop one of the existing brand versions to make room for one in this brand. And maybe shorties aren't part of the selection at launch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom