Interested in setting up a dive trip based out of SF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, my son moved to San Fransisco a few years ago. I just went out to visit him and I had a great time.

I'm thinking about coming back for a dive trip, but maybe centered around SF rather than just heading straight to Monterey. Looking for any advice - a liveaboard sounds appealing from the gear management point of view, but not sure if that's a big thing in your area. Not averse to shore dives either. Wrecks?

I'm a technical CCR diver, mostly do dry suit diving in the NYC area.

Thanks!
You could contact Rick at Pinnacles Dive Center in Novato 1-415-897-9962. He is a CCR guy they have their own boat and do some tech charters. North of SF is good shore diving but remote, Monterey only has 2-3 day boats left but lots of shore diving in the area.

You could contact Rick at Pinnacles Dive Center in Novato 1-415-897-9962. He is a CCR guy they have their own boat and do some tech charters. North of SF is good shore diving but remote, Monterey only has 2-3 day boats left but lots of shore diving in the area.

Thanks... I think that my idea of an SF based dive week may not be doable. I would like to dive the area someday, maybe Vancouver? I remember diving in Puget Sound and the San Juan islands many years ago. I have friends who did an Alaska liveaboard, which sounded great too.

Is there any diving in the delta or is it just too murky??
I have tried to dive in the delta, by which I mean I brought my gear to a friend's houseboat and tried to use it to help untangle something underneath, but viz was so poor that I couldn't see my hand in front of my face.

Back
Top Bottom