• Regular Weight Belt

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • Don't use weights

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Depends on the diving situation

Votes: 16 14.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just take the weights out and hand them up before the BC. We have people do that all the time.

tkring:
My dive buddies don't like my new bc because it makes it more difficult for them to get my BC out of the water (we take our bcs off in the water before we get back on the boat).

My Zeagle Brigade BC is weight integrated with front pockets and two small trim pockets. I put the weight going into the front pockets into small zippered weight pouches, AKA "Yellow Thingies." [http://scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Zeagle_Accessories.asp?PAGE=2]

On dives where we take the BCs off in the water before getting back on the boat, I take the two weight pouches out of the pockets and hand them up prior to taking off the BC and handing it up. You may be able to do something similar with your BC. Be careful the first couple of times not to drop the weight pouches! :wink:

i very carefully remove my weights (zeagle pouches) and hand them over into the boat before i take off my bcd.

touch wood, never lost one in 7 years and not planning on to either. i always explain to the dm/diver what im doing so they are ready for them.

it seem many diver drop the weight pouches accidently

Jason

A combination of both, since I my weight pockets are MIA, presumed picked up and taken by someone. Since they cost $AU50 each to replace, im back to the old weightbelt, but have 12lbs in my bc back trim pockets.

I find having the weightbelt and integrated combinaton works well.

Why dont you take out your weights before you take off your west and give them to your buddy in the boat??

/Hans

I usually remove the weights and hand them up prior to climbing the ladder on a smaller boat. Most of the newer weight integraded BCDs make it easy to remove the weights. Just don't drop them on the guy behind you. If you use a weight belt, don't take off your BCD before handing up your belt or you might become part of the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom