INT Valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Higgins

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
I got a response from a shop in Greece about a request for equipment. They state that they have both DIN and INT valves on their tanks. What is an INT?
Thanks,
Dan

Dan Higgins:
Hi all,
I got a response from a shop in Greece about a request for equipment. They state that they have both DIN and INT valves on their tanks. What is an INT?
Thanks,
Dan

Just had some people from Holland asking the same thing so I hope someone can answer this.

cheers,

I would guess it's International, some people refer to the standard Yoke valve as international since it is most common in resort locations.

Scott

The yoke valve has been called 'International' for at least 40 years. The DIN spec is a German valve design and was not compatible with those systems in other countries which use/used yoke or V clamp arrangements. Since the yoke was used in virtually all other countries it was referred to as INT or international.

Scottri:
I would guess it's International, some people refer to the standard Yoke valve as international since it is most common in resort locations.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom