Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SUBMERGED

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a new digital camera and housing. What about insurance on the camera. Has anyone out there bought insurance on their camera and if so where would I get it. Any thoughts or information would be helpful

Go D.E.P.P. - Diver's Equipment Protection Program or something...brain freeze there.

I have all my systems insured with them. Rates are good, cover is good and they were good about getting my claim processed. Now I just have to get my act together and order the new stuff so they can finish things!

I don't have the address here, but I bet either a net search or some one soon will post it. good luck.

I won't get in the water without their coverage! Here's the link... D.E.P.P.

DEPP is a great program...but the new equipment coverage through DAN is much more affordable and offers the same camera coverage as DEPP. Its less up front, but slightly more on the deductible...just pray u dont ever need it anyways. I looked into both very well...I am a photo instructor.... go to H20insurance.com or go to diversalertnetwork.org and click on equipment insurance

Be very careful with DAN's coverage. While they do offer it and the rates might be better (depending on how much you insure), their deductible on FLOODED items is much higher. DEPP's deductible on flooded items is 10% of cost, not to exceed $250. DAN's, on the other hand, is $250 or 10% of cost, whichever is HIGHER! It's also a $100 deductible for regular claims. DEPP's deductible is $25.

-Roman.

I'll stay with DEPP, thank you very much! First because they have proven they stand behind their policy. Second, the cheaper deductable is a big part because it isn't IF you'll flood your camera or whatever, it's WHEN will you do it. They have even covered damage that was totally my fault out of negligence with no problems.

No...they have won my loyalty, I'll stay with them.

Dee, I am very glad you have had good luck. I am sure they are great, as Sea & Sea is great for everything. I just cant see putting out $900 a year for insurance, when I can get it for $250. Yes, it is of course when you flood, not IF, I have found this out....but there is no comparison in annual cost, and botj companies have proven themselves over the years (DAN & Sea and Sea).

Bigmike00 once bubbled...
Dee, I am very glad you have had good luck. I am sure they are great, as Sea & Sea is great for everything. I just cant see putting out $900 a year for insurance, when I can get it for $250. Yes, it is of course when you flood, not IF, I have found this out....but there is no comparison in annual cost, and botj companies have proven themselves over the years (DAN & Sea and Sea).

Mike....I only pay about $210 for my coverage. Basic coverage is $125 and flood coverage is $85, that's close anyway. I don't have my policy hand at the moment but I think the total insured is about $7500. We have 2 sets of dive gear (BC's, regs, computers, masks, dive watches, and computers) as well as all my camera gear. Plus additional flood coverage for floodable camera gear, dive watches and dive computers.

I don't know where your $900 figure came from....I wouldn't pay that either! :rolleyes:

Dee, my $900 quote came from DEPP. It was a quote for all my camera gear...not including the basic equipment they want, reg, bc, etc....plus im purchasing a new camera set up (Fuji S2) which will cause the quote to inflate quite a bit. Even worse....this is an annual quote....thats way too much.

Ok...so im hooked on u/w camera stuff...but insurance should be reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom