Insurance for Gear, cameras, lights, etc...in Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone have experience/information about the best way to insure stuff against flooding/theft while diving locally/abroad?

I know in the States DAN and others offer some types of insurance, but not sure about here in Japan...

jagfish:
Does anyone have experience/information about the best way to insure stuff against flooding/theft while diving locally/abroad?

I know in the States DAN and others offer some types of insurance, but not sure about here in Japan...

Hi Jim,

This insurance covers total diving life includes cameras.
You can briefly review further information to click " よくある質問 " .

http://www.toy-hoken.co.jp/divers/

Jag -
I have one but I'm not sure who it's from. I'll have to check with my wife and get back to you. I do know that like nori1841 said it's a total kind of insurance - covers everything including camera's etc. Also when I went to Hawaii I did a travel insurance which also covered everything.

When I bought my Nik V I paid for the insurance out of points and that included flooding. And indeed it did flood and I got it repaired without any problems - good as new and indeed I have not used it sinces as I got a housing for my DCS-085 and now for the T-1.

Thank you Sakuraya.

I think if you buy a camera with housing at any of the big electronic toy shops their insurance covers it - get the Mrs to ask.

Be very cautious when purchasing travel insurance policies. Many outright exclude scuba diving as an activity as well as the loss or theft of scuba equipment.

DAN Japan has insurance included in their membership, but only if you are not an instructor or professional member.

Talk to me next time over a pint and I'll give you further information.

Cheers,

Mar Scuba:
Be very cautious when purchasing travel insurance policies. Many outright exclude scuba diving as an activity as well as the loss or theft of scuba equipment.,
Good heads up, thanks for that...

Mar Scuba:
Talk to me next time over a pint and I'll give you further information.

Cheers,

Yup, or maybe you could post it here when you have the time so everyone (not just the drunkards) could reap the benefit of your knowledge...

I just made a phonecall to DAN Network in US. I have the preferred membership and it covers National and International Dives emergencies (excluding Cuba) up to $250,000 which includes decompression chamber.
I forgot to ask about the coverage for equipment unfortunately.

Heres the link for more info: http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/

The membership cost is worth it.

---Eddie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom